Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Guitars and bows.... >

Guitars and bows....

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Guitars and bows....

Old 11-04-2005, 07:12 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Guitars and bows....

If you play an instrument...you'll know what I'm about to say is true. When I was playing guitar (Martin D-28)a LOT.....every once in a while (3-4 times a yr.)my guitar would get in just PERFECT tune. I mean PERFECT. Well....I think my bow is that way right now. It's a pretty cool feeling, too.

Anybody else ever experience this?

Jeff
Old 11-04-2005, 07:19 AM

Default RE: Guitars and bows....

Jeff,

I have played the guitar since I was 12-13ish and I am now 35. I do know what you are feeling when you tak about the guitar. When it seemed like the guitar was an extension of your body and you did not want to put it down. I have been there a few times with the guitar, but never with a bow. I am just getting back into archery again with my son now and look forward to getting there! Congrats on your good fortune, savor it.

Marcus
Old 11-04-2005, 07:44 AM
Dominant Buck

VERY well said, Marcus. It doesn't/didn't happen often.....and you DO savor the times.

I went to the 3D range last night.....and I'd made some MINOR adjustments to the bow, last week. I shot about 12 arrows.....and left. I don't want to mess it up. It's perfect.

This is my first yr shooting my bow (switchback). I couldn't ask for it to do anything more, right now. It's in perfect tune.

Thanks for the reply, Marcus...I knew I wasn't alone!!...lol I, too, started with the guitar at around 12 (I'm 41). My son is THE reason I got into bowhunting. He started this yr, as well.

Good luck to you and your son.

Jeff
Old 11-04-2005, 08:13 AM
Fork Horn

Oh, I can feel what you are saying!!! Nothing like the guitar sounding ever so perfect and that arrow flying like a computer guided missle, flawless and about to wreck some havoc!!!! By the way I have been playing since I was 18, I am heading towards 32 now.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:04 AM

While I do not play the guitar, I am a drummer and I can totally understand what you are saying. Somedays I sit down to play and I can't seem to get in the groove, my brain is moving faster that my hands and feet will. Then on other days, it's like I have sticks for hands and pedals for feet. Everything just flows right out. My bow is the same way. I pick it up and shoot, and everything is just perfect. The arrow flies straight and true and does its busniess.

I also have been playing a while. I started when I was about 10 and I just jumped over the quarter century mark. Hey, mayber we aught to start a HuntingNet band. Practice might be a little difficult though HUmmmmmm
Old 11-04-2005, 10:07 AM

Even with all of the turmoil I just ordered a Tribute, and a Rascal for my son. I have an old Buckmasters currently and he has a Genesis. I almost went with the Switchback, but all my buddies shoot Mathews so I wanted to have something different. They are both incredible bows I must say that, and if Bowtech wasn't around I would have a Mathews.

I just started playing the guitar more recently also. I have went from Marshall's, ESP's , Jacksons, andHeavy Metalto Tele's, Dr.Z's. and Country. I must be getting old because I like it that way. Oh yeah, my son has a strat also and is starting to play.

Good luck with the shooting and the strumming!

It doesn't get any better than sharing the things you enjoy with a little person.

Marcus
Old 11-04-2005, 12:06 PM
Fork Horn

I know exactly what your saying. I play banjo and mountain dulcimers but it's the same feeling and this year was a pefect fit with me and my bow too. Adear11, did you ever hear the story about the three musicians and the drummer...
Old 11-04-2005, 12:07 PM

No I haven't heard it. Do I want to?[&:][&:]