Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

first deer pic

Old 11-03-2005, 10:55 AM

Default first deer pic

I figure since this is my first post Ill tell you what happened and a little about myself. I just picked up bowhunting this past year after about 7 years of rifle hunting. I wanted a new challenge and new passion in my life and man have I found it. There is nothing like the rush of drawing on a deer and watching as your arrow hits home. I had missed earlier on a doe and was very disapointed so I practiced more, well it paid off. I play college football so its hard to find time to make it into the woods between practiceand games, luckily i have land nearby so that makes it handy. I had gone about a dozen times this year but had only had the one shot on the doe early in the season, it was raining out andI almost didnt go but for some reason I have always had really great luck in the rain, Ive taken all my turkeys in the rain and all but one of my deer in the rain. I guess im just a foul weather kinda guy. This little button buck came in behind me after i had been on stand about two hours, the rest is a blur. I remember standing up and I drew back I had been shaking really bad but once I put that pin on it I settled down. He was quartering away and I just pictured where I wanted it to exit at. I dont remember lettin the realease go but I remember seein him buck hard and run about twenty yards before drilling a tree head on and collapsing. The rush and elation was indescribable and now I know why bowhunters are more passionate than rifle hunters. It may just be a young un but I have never been so proud of anything I have ever taken.

here is the pic of my first deer

http://photobucket.com/albums/c114/southern44/?action=view&current=d22.jpg
Old 11-03-2005, 11:12 AM

Default RE: first deer pic

Hey good job on the kill..
Old 11-03-2005, 12:43 PM
Typical Buck

Good job!!! Nothing like the first on ewith a bow. Congrats!!
Old 11-03-2005, 01:15 PM
Fork Horn

congrats on the first bow kill. where do you play football
Old 11-03-2005, 01:40 PM

Congrats man! great doe!
Old 11-03-2005, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your first bow kill.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrat's. I love these stories! This is what true hunting is all about IMO. No scores, no record books, no "mine is bigger than your's".

Great story and great kill!
Old 11-03-2005, 02:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrates
Old 11-03-2005, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats!!
Old 11-03-2005, 05:07 PM

Way to go! Congratulations on your first bow kill. I killed my first deer with a bow (a doe) last year and it couldn't have been better. After rifle huntin for about 20 years, I never thought I could be that excited about killing a doe.
Great job.

Quick Reply: first deer pic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.