HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - first deer pic
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 10:55 AM
SouthernBrowning44

Default first deer pic

I figure since this is my first post Ill tell you what happened and a little about myself. I just picked up bowhunting this past year after about 7 years of rifle hunting. I wanted a new challenge and new passion in my life and man have I found it. There is nothing like the rush of drawing on a deer and watching as your arrow hits home. I had missed earlier on a doe and was very disapointed so I practiced more, well it paid off. I play college football so its hard to find time to make it into the woods between practiceand games, luckily i have land nearby so that makes it handy. I had gone about a dozen times this year but had only had the one shot on the doe early in the season, it was raining out andI almost didnt go but for some reason I have always had really great luck in the rain, Ive taken all my turkeys in the rain and all but one of my deer in the rain. I guess im just a foul weather kinda guy. This little button buck came in behind me after i had been on stand about two hours, the rest is a blur. I remember standing up and I drew back I had been shaking really bad but once I put that pin on it I settled down. He was quartering away and I just pictured where I wanted it to exit at. I dont remember lettin the realease go but I remember seein him buck hard and run about twenty yards before drilling a tree head on and collapsing. The rush and elation was indescribable and now I know why bowhunters are more passionate than rifle hunters. It may just be a young un but I have never been so proud of anything I have ever taken.

here is the pic of my first deer

http://photobucket.com/albums/c114/southern44/?action=view&current=d22.jpg