Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
7 days in Ma. should I change my setup? >

7 days in Ma. should I change my setup?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

7 days in Ma. should I change my setup?

Old 10-07-2002, 10:29 AM

Default 7 days in Ma. should I change my setup?

I think I know the answer, but was looking for some opinions. Our season up here starts in 7 days. Now this is my first year doing this, been shooting my PSE bow for about 4 months, can hit what I am aiming at out to 30 yards. Been in my treestand shooting from that into my fake deer target. So I think I am set, however... I realized from reading an number of posts here that I think my setup is incredibly slow. I have 3 pins set to 15,25,and 35 yards and there is significant space between pins. From reading some of the posts it seems I could tune my bow to have one pin out to 25, with a much flatter trajectory. This may be as easy as changing arrow weight. Is it a good idea to do it now or should I run with what I have?
Old 10-07-2002, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 7 days in Ma. should I change my setup?

After 4 months of practicing and being as proficient as you say you are, listen to your gut- leave things how they are. You'll have months and months of downtime to mess with things in the off season. For now, just enjoy yourself with what you've got.

Old 10-07-2002, 11:20 AM
Spike

Default RE: 7 days in Ma. should I change my setup?

I agree with Rangeball. I hunt SE MA and have practiced out to 30 yards as well and I wouldn't change anything 7 days before the opener. If you can kill a deer out to 30 yards you're redy to go.
Good luck.