Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shot a big one need advise  (150 class) >

Shot a big one need advise (150 class)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot a big one need advise (150 class)

Old 11-01-2005, 09:34 AM

Default RE: Shot a big one need advise (150 class)

ORIGINAL: cmscat50

Atlasman, I did not consiously go after the deer knowing it was wrong.
You said you had him running within 30 minutes........I assume you know going after ANY deer other then one you saw fall in 30 minutes is wrong.

Would I do it again...HECK NO. Did I learn a lesson?? Absolutely. I will never track another questionable hit again for at least several hours.
Read the forum...........there is so much info here that maybe next time you won't have to learn the hard way like in this case.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:35 AM

yep i agree this thread needs to be locked.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:40 AM

It's pretty sad to see so many people resort to cursing and name calling because someone actually pointed out the truth.

There sure are a lot of delicate flowers on this board.

Old 11-01-2005, 09:45 AM

ORIGINAL: deer-hunter18

yep i agree this thread needs to be locked.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:48 AM

I'll defend his right to hunt till the day I die............doesn't mean I have to treat him like a baby and pretend he did a good thing.
What was the bad thing he did Atlasman ? He took a shot that he thought he could make. Sure, he rushed it, and it led to the the loss of the animal. Have you ever taken a bad shot ? Have you ever taken a good shot and it somehow go bad ?Or lets talk about maybe you shooting small game and losing it, a rabbit or squirrell maybe ? You're a perfect hunter ?

Or is that you don't like talking about issues like this on an internet forum ? Maybe you think this somehow makes hunters look bad ? Makes you look bad ? Thats a valid concern, but let me explain something to you.

This guy took a bad shot, made a bad hit and lost a nice buck. Tens of thousands of bowhunters and gun hunters will do the very same in the next few weeks. If you are going to try and patrol message boards, and bash people who make less than perfect shots, miss, wound etc etc then you truely need to examine yourself on a deeper level. Hunting involves killing things, and when you're talking bowhunting, the element that the bowhunter will miss or wound will never go away. You cannot eliminate that, you can only strive to not have it happen. If you don't shoot, you will never kill anything. What is a marginal shot to you might be a makable shot for me. You have to assume people take shots they think they can make and they are responsible only to themselves for those shots. Retrospect is for talking about those shots, be them bad or good and hopefully learning from them.

What you are doing is neither pro-active nor constructive. In a sick way, I hope you go out on your next hunt, take a shot and wound and lose your animal. Why ? Perespective. You'll know then what this guy feels right now.

Old 11-01-2005, 09:50 AM

ORIGINAL: The Mind

I'll defend his right to hunt till the day I die............doesn't mean I have to treat him like a baby and pretend he did a good thing.
What was the bad thing he did Atlasman ? He took a shot that he thought he could make. Sure, he rushed it, and it led to the the loss of the animal. Have you ever taken a bad shot ? Have you ever taken a good shot and it somehow go bad ?Or lets talk about maybe you shooting small game and losing it, a rabbit or squirrell maybe ? You're a perfect hunter ?

Or is that you don't like talking about issues like this on an internet forum ? Maybe you think this somehow makes hunters look bad ? Makes you look bad ? Thats a valid concern, but let me explain something to you.

This guy took a bad shot, made a bad hit and lost a nice buck. Tens of thousands of bowhunters and gun hunters will do the very same in the next few weeks. If you are going to try and patrol message boards, and bash people who make less than perfect shots, miss, wound etc etc then you truely need to examine yourself on a deeper level. Hunting involves killing things, and when you're talking bowhunting, the element that the bowhunter will miss or wound will never go away. You cannot eliminate that, you can only strive to not have it happen. If you don't shoot, you will never kill anything. What is a marginal shot to you might be a makable shot for me. You have to assume people take shots they think they can make and they are responsible only to themselves for those shots. Retrospect is for talking about those shots, be them bad or good and hopefully learning from them.

What you are doing is neither pro-active nor constructive. In a sick way, I hope you go out on your next hunt, take a shot and wound and lose your animal. Why ? Perespective. You'll know then what this guy feels right now.

If you think that the problem lies with the shot then you obviously haven't read the thread and need to do so before forming your opinion.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:52 AM

ORIGINAL: The Mind

In a sick way, I hope you go out on your next hunt, take a shot and wound and lose your animal.

Some real class acts are popping up in this thread.

Old 11-01-2005, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Some of you guys that are always starting trouble and or only post when you have something negative to say really need to grow up and get a life. No need calling names because you know who you are. I am locking this thread.......