Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Whisker Bisket anyone? >

Whisker Bisket anyone?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Bisket anyone?

Old 10-06-2002, 08:30 PM

Default Whisker Bisket anyone?

Does anyone use the Whisker Bisket arrow rest?It seems like it would be the cats meow in terms of keeping the arrow where it belongs if the bow is turned or bumped.

Visit me at www.ATVTime.com!
Old 10-07-2002, 06:12 AM

Default RE: Whisker Bisket anyone?

Many of us using it, and lovin it.

Old 10-07-2002, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the WB and love it. It's a good hunting rest, but it does have some caveats. First, I shoot Beman ICS Hunters (carbon arrows) and it wrinkles the veins on them after shooting for a while. This is easy to fix w/ a little heat off the burner, so it doesn't bother me too much. The second problem I have is more of a pain b/c some of the veins tear off the arrow w/ this rest. I have had the front of the veins come off the arrow and have had a few rips. I hear that it may be the 'weakness' of the veins, but I don't know. Overall, I'd give it 2 thumbs up as a hunting rest.

In fact, it probably saved my two days ago when I took a buck at 14 feet or so. I was about 12 feet up in my stand and he was about 8 feet away. The shot was a fairly steep shot if you can imagine. With my PSE, I might not have been able to get the bow over the 'bar' on my climber w/o knocking the arrow off the drop away rest I have on it. I was using my Hoyt w/ the WB though, and it wasn't a prob. at all.
Old 10-07-2002, 12:23 PM

I agree with everyone. I got it last year and the only problem I've seen is that I've had some veins to rip / tear. Love em.
Old 10-07-2002, 12:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Been using mine for 2 years, I trimmed (with some side cutters)the rear portion of the WB so it was flush. Perfoms much better, now. I also put a small dap of glue on the front of the vanes and they don't rip off anymore. I still have them blacken, but no big woop!

I agree for hunting it is one of the best, especially in a tree or stalking!!

BTW, I crono'd her lost 5 FPS from orginal rest, when I trimmed the rear portion flush only 3 FPS.

Edited by - skeeter 7mm on 10/07/2002 13:59:23
Old 10-07-2002, 03:49 PM
Typical Buck

Awesome rest, I love it. perfect for hunting and 3d