Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 2nd night out and success >

2nd night out and success

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2nd night out and success

Old 10-29-2005, 08:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default 2nd night out and success

well last yr I started hunting a new piece closer to home and it was like a hunt, scout, get to know the land kinda deal. well the 1st night of this yrs season I seen so much activity I couldnt wait to get in there the 2nd time. well I shot a lil 4 ptr thursday night. double lunged em at about 20 yds. I really didnt want to shoot him but Im HUNGRY and the farmer wants me to kill some deer so I took the shot. I seen 7 deer after about an 1hr. and a 1/2 in the stand, 2 lil fawns or yearlings came in 1st and they were followed by momma which I was gonna take but when she got in line with my stand and under a holly she stopped and got really nervous. I think her old nose kinda caught a whiff of me but she couldnt figure whereI was at. so she turned and walked in a big circle and away from me and all the others followed. I thought my night was done. well about 15 mins. later I see movement to my left and see lil horns on top of his head, soI grabbed the grunt and blew it 3 times, and here he come on a b-line right to me. well at the same time he came inI heard movement to my right. soI slowly turned my head that way and seen a deer ( button buck ) right under neath me. well I thought ill take him instead of this lil 4 pt. well I turned slowly and got into position and he nosed around for awhile and wouldnt give me a shot and then eventually headed out for the field. well all that I had was this 4pt still nosing around under me well I think the wind was swirling in there that night, and he got really alert. I thought hes getting ready to bust up out of here. well he walked away from me and thats when I drew, then he turned to the left and give me a perfect shot. I released and he bolted, I listened to him run threw the woods until I heard him crash. I give him a lil bit and then started my 2nd hunt. and found him about 50 -60 yds from where I shot him. It was a great night after not having any luck the yr before. now ill have some vension and made the farmer happy.thought id share with yall.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 2nd night out and success

Nice. Congrats.
Old 10-29-2005, 09:32 PM

No luck here. Congrats though.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:02 AM

i've seen but not shot....missed one today but congrats anyways
Old 10-30-2005, 12:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

CONGRATES
Old 10-30-2005, 02:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can almost smell the venison cooking now. Mmmmmm.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congradulations
Old 10-30-2005, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Arec

No luck here. Congrats though.
ditto