Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 is the season a bust if you don't kill a buck? >

is the season a bust if you don't kill a buck?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

is the season a bust if you don't kill a buck?

Old 10-27-2005, 03:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default is the season a bust if you don't kill a buck?

I have seen so many does it isn't funny. 68 to be exact to five bucks. of course I haven't seen the same buck twice. I know I have alot of work to do around my area (and it will be easier to accomplish in gun) with getting the sex ratio at least back in the milky way, but man, buck sightings have been few and far between. I'm not discouraged, because there have been only two hunts this year I haven't seen deer. not too shabby, and I get out alot. I'm of the mind that if I have to kill does for the next several years, so be it, it will be a better spot in the long run for bucks. yes? no?
Old 10-27-2005, 03:22 PM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: is the season a bust if you don't kill a buck?

No not for me it isn't. If I only kill does that's fine by me......a trophy none the less as far as I'm concerned. I enjoy the thrill of the hunt and while it's a tad bid more thrilling if you're staring down at a "hammer" it's still a great rush and an accomplishment no matter how many times I have done it before.

cough....cough... now there is this matter of a contest going on, and while a doe is great, it doesn't get any points....so the pressure is slightly on this year....but I live for pressureNot quite like playing infront of a full crowd at Mile High, but pressure none the less
Old 10-27-2005, 03:25 PM

I could care less it is being out there that does it for me. THe deer is a bonus.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

If its brown it is down! Do you measure the amount of your manhood on the size of the antlers?
Old 10-27-2005, 03:31 PM

ORIGINAL: mahoningbuck

If its brown it is down! Do you measure the amount of your manhood on the size of the antlers?
Better that than how many yearlingsyou kill...

Ohh, and no its not a bust if I don't kill a buck. But, I usually hunt pretty hard until I either a) kill the buck I'm after or b) the season is over
Old 10-27-2005, 03:39 PM

Not even close to a bust, I agree that would be a bonus, kind of like fishing, if you catch fish it's a bonus, or golfing, if you have some great shots they're a bonus.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess it depends on why you are hunting. I always consider a buck a bonus, but I normally hunt for the meat. This is my first season bow hunting so if a buck comes into range and offers me a clear shot, sure gonna take it, but if a doe offers me that shot first, that is what I'll be eating this year.

May my aim be true
and my arrows fly straight
May I see that monster
before it's too late!

May my kill be swift
and my prey fall near
Hope my wishes come true
and I get that deer!
Old 10-27-2005, 04:29 PM
Typical Buck

most of my deer go to hunters for the hungry here in virginia. I've donated two so far, one is going to my parents in PA, and the other is going to a lady that cannot get out of her house. I donate her at least onedeer every year. I think that next deer will be for me.

I was thinking of this post while on break just now (at work till ten thirty) and I remember my first year in va...I only got one shot, and connected on a doe. I am very fortunate to have four down already, a personal seasons best for bow.

I know about the contest, and maybe that is why I am a bit anxious about it, but I am not going to tap a deer just to have points. I could've done that two times already. now, as far as if it is brown it is down...that is a last day, buddy has no deer only thought. I am very careful about not shooting button bucks, as careful as I can be. passed on several the other night, and blew a shot at what I believe was a doe at five yds, yet am glad I didn't get the shot because of the .1% chance it was a button buck.

I do see more bucks when the rut comes around, and here in virginia, muzzleloader coincides with that...I've seen some real nice deer in early november.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

No
Old 10-27-2005, 04:45 PM

To me it is all about the time I get to spend in the woods. I hope to at least harvest an animal to put meat in the freezer.

Quick Reply: is the season a bust if you don't kill a buck?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.