Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Camera on rub lines? >

Camera on rub lines?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Camera on rub lines?

Old 10-27-2005, 01:11 AM

Default Camera on rub lines?

Hey all!

I am a new member to the forum and i have a couple questions for all you experts. I am relatively new to bowhunting, going on me second season. I was pretty successful last year takin 2 doe on the land i hunt. I hunt in south east wisconsin and this past sunday(October 21) i was sitting in one of my stands over a river that is completely dry where the deer usually cross to get to standing corn. While i was in my stand, i notice to really nice rubs that were on trees 6 and 8 inches in diameter. They were new that week because i sat in that stand last weekend. I was there this morning and notice that the rubs were even bigger and now there were 2 more huge ones about 15 yards away! I was wondering if yall think the buck will come back even though rut will be startin soon and if i put a camera there, would it scare the buck into not coming back???

Thanks for your help guy! I appreciate it!!!!
Old 10-27-2005, 06:41 AM

Default RE: Camera on rub lines?

well the buck is really starting to get fired up for the rut. It sounds like it is a real big deer. Use the rubs as guidelines and see if you can mentally or physically trace it back to his bedding area without spooking him. See if you can make any pattern from aerial maps and start a plan from there. The rublines will prob die out sometime this week or next and he will be all over the place looking for does. Good luck and let us know!
Old 10-27-2005, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Camera on rub lines?

ORIGINAL: Legacy357

well the buck is really starting to get fired up for the rut. It sounds like it is a real big deer. Use the rubs as guidelines and see if you can mentally or physically trace it back to his bedding area with spooking him. See if you can make any pattern from aerial maps and start a plan from there. The rublines will prob die out sometime this week or next and he will be all over the place looking for does. Good luck and let us know!
He meant WITHOUT spooking him.. LOL