Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Monster Va. Buck >

Monster Va. Buck

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Monster Va. Buck

Old 10-31-2005, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Monster Va. Buck

how wide is he. I got by bow buck on friday. hes a 4 x 5 but one the side with the 5 points has one point half broken off. hes 18 1/4 wide and has 9" G1'S and one brow tine is 8 and the other is 6. got some mass too. i was real tickled when i got a clean kill shot at him with the bow on friday evening. i gota get some pictures. this guy is going on the wall. just weither its a head mnt or a european mnt i havent decided yet.

biggest buck i have ever shot in my 5 yrs of deer hunting.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:39 AM

Well, I don't use a crossbow, but I don't see a thing wrong with them. If it works, it works... I wonder if these guys use guns to hunt with? Don't worry about other people's opinions on that, everyone has their own value system, some just like to push their's onto others...

Congrats anyway... any deer taken is a trophy, whether it's a button, a 25 pointer, taken with a gun, crossbow, longbow, etc... if you worked for it, you earned it, end of story. But... that's JMHO.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Buck Huntin Girl

Well, I don't use a crossbow, but I don't see a thing wrong with them. If it works, it works... I wonder if these guys use guns to hunt with? Don't worry about other people's opinions on that, everyone has their own value system, some just like to push their's onto others...

Congrats anyway... any deer taken is a trophy, whether it's a button, a 25 pointer, taken with a gun, crossbow, longbow, etc... if you worked for it, you earned it, end of story. But... that's JMHO.
Ditto! Congrats on the fine buck!
Old 10-31-2005, 04:28 PM

Thanks again. I'm going to try outback taxidermy. I usually use Pedro at J&P taxidermy, this will be my fourth time. You know I will probably switch back to a compound now that I've really slammed'em this year with the crossbow. I wanted to reallygetuse tothe sound of a release breaking the silance and the tear of a successful impact. The thrill of them running out of view(at least a couple did) and then hearing a crash and recovering them not far away. I'm really glad I found this web site, I can keep rambling on about the hunt after my budds get tired of my braggen.

Big Buck Dave
Old 10-31-2005, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ok I HATE YOU, just joking man, congratulations, that is awesome!