Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Monster Va. Buck >

Monster Va. Buck

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Monster Va. Buck

Old 10-27-2005, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Monster Va. Buck

We're one deer a day where we live ducsauce. Two a day east of the Blue Ridge mountains.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome Buck!!! Congrats on the harvest.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's a nice buck.

Joe Gadell is a family friend and a great guy! I'm sure he and his bro do well in their meat processing business.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:45 AM

TWO A DAY!!!??? I'm moving. [&:]
Old 10-27-2005, 09:35 AM

Hey Diesel77, my first shot knocked the BLEEP out of him, it hit 1 inch behind his right eye and came out of the socket,he rolled around. I loaded another 150 grains(pyrodex pellets) ,300 grain sabot and then he stood back up.Hehad small trees in the way of his chest so I hit him just behind it. He went down again! After reloading he stood back up again. This time his chest was wide open and I put him down for good. When I reloaded my forth and final round his doe came by me, she was standing still thewhole time! I hope he hadbred plenty of does. That my only concern with hunting beforeor during the rut. But ifYOU don't take them first someone else will!!
Dave
I know this is the archery furoms and all so thanks everyone I'll get some pics of my bow killeight today after my hunt.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:01 AM
Fork Horn

nice deer--which county were you hunting in when you shot the 8 pt w/ the xbow?

thanks
Old 10-27-2005, 10:19 AM

My freind's 100 acres in Fauquier county.
Good Luck,
Dave
Old 10-27-2005, 10:21 AM

Hey I was born and raised in Woodbridge!!!
Waazzzuuuupp!!!

P.S. if it's PWC woodbridge???
Old 10-27-2005, 10:59 AM

Great deer. Glad you had successan all but..... no offense dude... and this may just be me.... But I don't believe a crossbow should be considered a bow. I live in washington state and hunting with a crossbow is banned unless your missing an arm. Don't think that I'm mad that you can do it and I can't and thats the reason I'm saying this. I'm just saying a crossbow is way way easier to use than a regular bow. Think about it you've got a scope and a stock on it like a rifle, it will definitely outshoot a regular bow at longer distances, and it can stay cocked all the time. I shoot both compound and recurve so from that statement you can see my questioning of a crossbow being used for the archery seasons.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:20 AM

I hear you, its really not that accurate to tell you the truth. But, yes it is cocked all the time. I wish I hadn't sold my bow to a freind(I'm an idiot), I could probably have pulled them out of the woods with my compound. I harvested my first deer with a bow(an awesome 6 pt. in 92) but since then have hit, but not recovered 4 or 5 luckily nothing big. If I hit andcould'nt find this one I would of cried.There's a bunch of guyson the surrounding properties who I'm sure know this buck, you have to stay one step ahead of everyone else!!!
Dave

Quick Reply: Monster Va. Buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.