Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 No bucks all year? >

No bucks all year?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

No bucks all year?

Old 10-26-2005, 07:36 AM

Default No bucks all year?

I have a stand on a hillside about twenty yds off of a deer trail in some hardwoods(full of acorns). I see plenty of doe everyday that I hunt crossing in front of me on this trail along the hillside. They come by me in pairs and even singles between late morning and early afternoon. I have been hunting this stand alot since the season started because of all the deer I seebut, have not seen any bucks at all on this trail or area?Will the rut bring the bucks to this what seems to be an(all doe) deer trail?, or do I just need more patience with this spot?
Old 10-26-2005, 07:38 AM

Default RE: No bucks all year?

Both! The rut will make the bucks act differently and start chasing the does! And patience is a definate must with this hobby. If it were easy there would not be any bucks out there and everyone would hunt! Good luck!