Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 $50 OFFER (would you take it?) >

$50 OFFER (would you take it?)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

$50 OFFER (would you take it?)

Old 10-25-2005, 05:37 PM

Default RE: $50 OFFER (would you take it?)

Good for you, first of all it was the decent thing to do to help, decent not to take the money and finally it shows what kind of "person" not just sportsman you are. I know a lot of guys that would have taken the money but thankfully I know more that wouldnt have. I agree with the one post, listening to him tell the story would have been payment enough.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Brother you my friend are a true sportsman. Thats what its all about helping each other out. And not just because he was handicaped. the spirt is to help all others in the field or waters. I for one am proud of you. I give you the golden sportsman award. thanks for all of us MIke
Old 10-25-2005, 06:51 PM

ORIGINAL: MNpurple

Good job to you!!

Since no one else asked it, did you ask him what he was going to do had you not come along?
never bothered to ask him, i suppose probably just call someone he knew.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:01 PM

Good Job!
Old 10-25-2005, 07:47 PM

Ya done good son!
Old 10-25-2005, 07:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nope you did just right......that's not only how I would expect every responsible sprtsman to act, you went above and beyond by making yourself accessible to him on future hunts. I would imagine that cell number in his pocket takes a great weight off his shoulders to be out there alone.

Good show.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:41 PM
Fork Horn

Good for you!

I have a friend who was paralyzed years ago, and for years he wouldn't hunt.

He finally started hunting again about a decade ago, He is pretty self reliant, but even he recognizes the occasional need for someone with 2 working feet.

About 5 years ago, he got up from the cabin, got in his van, drove to the logging trail, and drove his wheelchair back into the woods as far as he could on the trail.

After about an hour, he saw and shot a large 12 point buck.

The rest of the hunting gang was sleeping in that morning, and he kept calling them on the radio saying he needed help tracking the buck (the terrain was too rough for his chair)

Well someone finally woke up, and heard him, and they quickly got up to were he was in the woods. After a short search, they jumped the buck, and put another arrow into it to put it down for good. (The buck was mortally wounded from the 1st shot)

That was probably our happiest day hunting in years!

Here is a photo of my buddy Mike and his buck. (Because I did not ask his permission to post the photo, I decided to blur his face to be safe.)

Old 10-25-2005, 09:39 PM

Good job and it's good to hear about deeds like this. It's how more sportsman should act.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:54 PM

Just readingyour story and all the repliesalready gave me that "fuzzy glow." Your folks raised you right son. I'd shake your and theirhands if I could.

It's refreshing to hear about men helping their fellow man. Makes me proud to be amongst you all. Suddenly it's not so lonely anymore. This is what it should be about folks!

Oh and to answer the question in your thread title: I don't think anyone who had enough care and brotherhood inhim to check on the guy would take the money. It would be very out of character. I'd've checked on him myself.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Handicapped, wheelchair bound, plain old hunting buddy, olympic athelete, gal, kid... it doesn't matter. I do that sort of stuff all the time. I just like to help and celebrate someones success with them. I don't think any hunter I've ever met would take money for such stuff. On the contrary, you'd be a jerk if you did.[8D]
Right on! He could have had two perfectly good legs and I'd still help him without taking a cent. That's what hunters do!!

Way to go man!

Quick Reply: $50 OFFER (would you take it?)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.