Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Another young man's first bow deer >

Another young man's first bow deer

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Another young man's first bow deer

Old 10-24-2005, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Another young man's first bow deer

And it was a buck. My girl friends son (Tim) has been interested in bow hunting for years. Well we got him a bow this past August and he has been shooting pretty heavy since. He is very good out to 20 yards and pretty good even at 30. Well this fork horn stepped out in front of him Saturday night at about 12 yards. He did hit it a little high and took out the spine. I think the deer did jump the string a little but no matter it is down. He called me on the radio so excited saying "Dave I GOT ONE". Well we had field tenderloins for dinner that night. He was shaking so much he could bearly field dress it (which he had never done). He claimed he was cold but I just laughed at him. He was so pumped up that is what all the shaking was about. To be able to share that with him is something that I will never forget. I don't think he will be forgetting it any time soon either. Just had to share with you all.

Old 10-24-2005, 10:25 AM

Default RE: Another young man's first bow deer

Great big atta boy from Dubs!
Old 10-24-2005, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on his first.....and a buck. I'm sure he's hooked now
Old 10-24-2005, 10:43 AM

That, my friend, is the face of a happy child. And also the future of hunting. Congrats to both of you, that is awesome.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:50 AM

That is a great job! There are many hunters that hunt for years before they get one. Keep on a shaken that is what it is all about.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good to see the kids out hunting and enjoying the great outdoors.I take my young guy out with me and he loves it,great to know he will be a hunter some day.I love it,especially when he sits still for a good half hour before he starts figiting--lol
Good for you wihunter---keep at it and you have a hunting partner for life.
And a big CONGRATS to you Tim---I am hoping to see you in these pics alot more now.Keep at it bud,Im sure you are hooked now.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:32 AM
Typical Buck

Great job! Those are the times where you really can't tell who is more excited...you or the boy!
Old 10-24-2005, 11:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Cool, congratulations!
Old 10-24-2005, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to both of you. Mount those Spikes, He will look at thenm and remember this every time
Old 10-24-2005, 11:40 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: DannyD

Congrats to both of you. Mount those Spikes, He will look at thenm and remember this every time
I strongly agree. I mounted the rack from my first buck, and it still sits as the predominant feature of my later harvests.

Quick Reply: Another young man's first bow deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.