Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Wish i had a video camara saturday night!! >

Wish i had a video camara saturday night!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wish i had a video camara saturday night!!

Old 10-24-2005, 07:48 AM
Fork Horn

Default Wish i had a video camara saturday night!!

I was out saturday night and i shot a doe and watched her go down about 100 yards.When i was getting all my stuff together to get down a deer walked out of the woods and walked over to my deer and started kicking it and head butting it i wish i had a video camara with me.I got out of the tree and walked over to the doe and the other deer just looked at me and walked about 50 yard then when i walked to my car i looked back and he(A SPIKE)was doing it again!!!!!!!weidest thing i've seen.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:34 AM

Default RE: Wish i had a video camara saturday night!!

I had somethin kinda weird happen to me last year as well.it was the first day of rifle season(which i'm not even gonna mess with this year.im only taking the bow)andi was walkin across a field that was about 300 acres in size. about 1/4 of the way i look up to see there are 3 does trottoing across the field. but they didn't see me, so i continue on to me stand not really paying much attention to it. well when i get to about where the does crossed i stop to look around for a minute and do a little glassing. when i look to my left there is a little four pointer like 30 yards away walking straight at me. i only had one buck tag left so tried my best to run him off. he didnt seem to care. i was jumping up and down, yelling at him, doing whatever i could. i had heard of people gettin attacked by deer so that was kinda in the back of my head. well at about 15 yards i said ok, enough is enough. i shouldered my 7mm and shot him. butmy shot was a bit off and i ended up hitting his right shoulder. i watched himlimp off into the woods. i went in after him and got off another shot after which he only went about 20 yards.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:51 AM

My dad had something very similar to that happen to him. He had a doe bed down around his stand, and a few minutes later another doe came over and kicked the bedded down doe in the head and chased her off.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:07 AM
Typical Buck

A couple of years ago during firearms season, I was out to fill a doe tag. I had a doe step out across a feed plot from me and I dropped her in her tracks w/ my 7mag. I stayed in my stand to see what else might show up and not 5 minutes later a young buck walks out and goes over to the doe thats hidden in some tall grass. He started kicking her w/ his front hooves. After awhile I decided it was enough so I got down and started over. That buck stayed with her until I had got half ways across the plot. He had pawed her enough that there was alot of hair on the ground around her. I guess he was looking to breed her but she was non responsive.