Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Be Honest...

Old 10-23-2005, 05:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Be Honest...

Nope never forgot my bow, but I did fall asleep once and droped it out of the tree. I always have an extra release in my pack in case i forget one or one breaks. I have had the same release for 10 years now. Ole trusty Tru ball
Old 10-23-2005, 05:50 PM
Typical Buck

Has not happened to me, but did happen to a friend of mine. He actually left his bow at home (45 mins away)and did notrealize it until he started walking to his stand.

Hell of a laugh.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:28 PM

Never done it but one of my huntingg buddies hiked about a mile back into the woods only to notice once he got up in his tree he left his quiver on his bow case.

Old 10-26-2005, 10:55 AM
Spike

Jan 1 2003, I left my hunting boots at home. I ended up hunting in my white Nike's--Got my first bowkill --a nice doe--go figure.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've never forgot my bow but like some of the others...... i've left my release at home a couple times.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

This one is the top. I have never forgot my bow, don't use release, and only forgotten a few small items (grunt, rattlebag, drink). But one year my Dad and I both forgot OPENING DAY!!! We were up at our lodge doing a workday to get the place in shape and at lunch they asked us if we had any luck. Luck? Hunting season doesn't open until NEXT weekend right?! PANIC! We had our bows and practice arrows and were able to scrounge up enough broadheads to get two arrows apiece and an evening hunt.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ive gotten in the woods with my gun and realize i have a box of shells with me in my pocketbut no clips. Good ole single shot pump action time it was for me. lol.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:22 AM

1. Forgot gun once at home, and didn't realize it till we were packing to go into the woods. I sat in a tree with my buddy. No deer were killed that day, I think because my buddy wouldn't stop laughing at me.

2. I went duck hunting and forgot that I had put a gun lock on my shotgun and put the gun in its case because our friends were coming over and they had little mischevious kids. I completely forgot I did that. In the duck blind, I unzipped my case and pulled out my gun...DOH! Key was at home.

3. My uncle, my grandpa and I were going duck hunting 2 hours from home. We realized that we all 3 had forgot our duck calls. Went to a 24 hour walmart and bought 3. It just proves that I had no hope, because apparently forgetfulness runs in my family!

4. This year, I was getting loaded in a hurry after a hunt because I wanted to get home to see the Cardinals playoff game. I drove off and left my climber on the ground next to where I was loading up. I got halfway home before I thought "I don't remember having trouble getting the climber jammed in with the other junk under the cover". I pulled over, and sure enough...tailgate down, and no climber. It was still there when I got back thank goodness! Unfortunately, the Cardinals WEREN'T!

But nope...I never forgot my bow. )
Old 10-26-2005, 11:43 AM
Fork Horn

Like everyone else it seems, have forgotten my release. Although, I just left it in the truck. I thought I had left it at home...so I drove all the way home (only 10 minutes) and realized it was in the bottom of my back pack in the back of the truck.

Have also brought the wrong ammo during gun season. Don't think BB shot will take care of a deer 50 yards away. Could have got pinched by the law on that one.

Also have left grunt tube, gloves and other little items.

Old 10-26-2005, 11:53 AM

Left my release first day out this year... won't make that mistake again. I don't have a problem shooting with my fingers, but my draw is set for my release, so thankfully no deer came by that evening.

That's about the extent of what I have forgotten... I have only been at it for 3 years now, I'm sure I will have a few more stories 10 years from now.

Oh, I did leave my bow, and about 10 other things at my stand after I shot my deer this year. Hubby had told me to get out of the woods and let the guy lay down and die, so I did. I guess I thought he meant once dark hit we were gonna go back and track, but he meant he was gonna finish his hunt and come back a few hours later... so I had trekked all of the way to the truck, had to turn around, go back and get everything... only to realize halfway BACK to the truck, my phone wasn't in my pocket like it was on the way back to the stand. I had bent over at some point in the woods and it fell out. BACK I went, finally found my phone after 15 minutes of searching. Started my trek back to the truck, went to cross the ditch and there was a deer on the other side, so as not to disturb it, I had to go way in the heck out of my way (wasn't even familiar with it) to get back to the truck. By the time I got back to the truck, hubby's hunt was nearly over and I only had to wait 5 minutes! LOL I'm an idiot!

Quick Reply: Be Honest...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.