Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would you take a free hunt at King Ranch? >

Would you take a free hunt at King Ranch?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
85.93%
No
14.07%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Would you take a free hunt at King Ranch?

Old 10-21-2005, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Would you take a free hunt at King Ranch?

ORIGINAL: TXhighrack

BowFanatic, are you just plain dumb or can you not read? Or are you just trying to poke the fire alittle to add some excitment to your life?

Anyway more pictures to follow..................................
Are those the only choices?

I can read fine.
I'm not trying to poke the fire to add some excitement to my life.

Maybe I'm just plain dumb?[&:]

That was a joke by the way.

Guess I should have added one of these for the slow folks.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:07 PM

Bowfanatic,

I think what Highrack is trying to say is they are not "genetically engineered". These are free range whitetails, the only difference is that they are allowed to grow up in an area that already had good genetics without being "altered". I know it is hard to read emotion across a computer screen, but I am saying this politely.
Old 10-22-2005, 06:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: JeramyK

All expenses paid and I'd hunt there. But if it were my cash I can think of a few other places where I could hunt similar sized bucks and spend less money.
IM SURE THE KING RANCH IS A VERY NICE PLACE TO HUNT BUT FOR A LOT LESS MONEY YOU CAN HUNT CANADA ANDFOR ONE PRICE USTAND A CHANCE OF TAKING A REAL MONSTER AND SEE THINGS IN THE BUSH THAT YOU JUST DO NOT SEE IN MOST OF THE STATES ... THE BUCK I TOOK LAST YEAR SCORED 185 AND ACCORDING TO KINGS HAD I TOOK IT THERE IT WOULD HAVE COST ME ABOUT 12K ... I SPENT 4K INCLUDING AIR, LICENSES AND TAG ...ALL MEALS AND BOARD ARE INCLUDED ..

MASS RULES
DD

Old 10-22-2005, 07:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

A free hunt "absolutely" you don't need to ask twice.

nubo
Old 10-22-2005, 08:28 AM

My how you can feel the Texas love in this thread.

Funny how all ranches in Texas have to be high fence and genetically enhanced deerand shot right at a feeder just like all Texans wear cowboy hats and boots and get big fat oil checks every month. Guess they are both pretty common stereotypes.... just as long as we know the truth who cares.

Old 10-22-2005, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Main Entry: 1joke
Pronunciation: 'jOk
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin jocus; perhaps akin to Old High German gehan to say, Sanskrit yAcati he asks
1 a : something said or done to provoke laughter; especially : a brief oral narrative with a climactic humorous twist b (1) : the humorous or ridiculous element in something (2) : an instance of jesting : KIDDING <can't take a joke> c : PRACTICAL JOKE d : LAUGHINGSTOCK
2 : something not to be taken seriously : a trifling matter <consider his skiing a joke -- Harold Callender> -- often used in negative construction <it is no joke to be lost in the desert>
Old 10-22-2005, 09:58 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: TXhighrack

People PLEASE find out what your talking about before you open your mouth.......

The King ranch IS NOT HIGH FENCED.
I'll retract my comment about the fencing since it was in error , but I still wouldn't hunt the King or any other place that charges to hunt , and I definitely wouldn't pay those outrageous fees . No animal is worth that to me or ever will be. If I can't hunt for just the cost of my license and tag then I'll find another hobby, I can't relate to the trophy hunter's mentality and never will .
Old 10-23-2005, 12:58 AM

ORIGINAL: JoshKeller

I'm sure you, being the hunting god that you are, has never hunted near a picked cornfield, a bean field, an oak ridge, or even over any green grass.

Better beleive I'd go if it was free. But why pay for it when I can hunt my own ranch - yep, over feeders.
My point exactly. You, being the idiot you are, do not know the difference between taking advantage of nature, and an artificial advantage.
I would like to think bowhunters are a little more sophisicated than your normal hick with a gun, but you prove quite the contrary.
Old 10-23-2005, 05:55 AM
Dominant Buck

I guess so if they'd let me use my bow. They're free ranging deer even if the perimeter is fenced. BUT, I don't think any deer taken there should qualify for any books etc if you're into that sort of stuff. I'm not but some are. I'll hunt anywhere except on one of those canned deals. I really would rather go to big woods and not "Big Scrub Country".
OPS...my bad. I just read the rest of the post and found it's not high fences so deer would count for your "Books" if you're into that sort of thing. I understand they used to offer some great pig hunts in the off season. Even allow camping etc on their land for the pig hunts.. It was something like $100 for 3 days or something like that. They allowed it trying to lower the pig population.

P.S. BOW... you got to learn to use these little dowhackys..[8D][8D]
WHY??? Because some people can't read BETWEEN the lines.[8D]
Old 10-23-2005, 06:54 AM
Typical Buck

I don't know a lot of that land was my wifes great grandfathers, the king boys gunned him down and took the land Ahhh the old west[:'(]

Quick Reply: Would you take a free hunt at King Ranch?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.