Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would you take a free hunt at King Ranch? >

Would you take a free hunt at King Ranch?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
85.93%
No
14.07%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Would you take a free hunt at King Ranch?

Old 10-21-2005, 03:38 PM

Default RE: Would you take a free hunt at King Ranch?

It boggles my mind to hear 825000 acres called a pen. For some of you who don't know that is 1289 square miles. 30 miles long by 40 miles wide is 1200 square miles. On the state highway that runs through the ranch you drive for 30 minutes at 75 mph, nothing but King Ranch. Is the STATE of Rhode Island even that big? I don't know but I bet it's close.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

no ,I lived near that place.and the operators are the most self righteous idiots I ever new
Old 10-21-2005, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

heck yeah i would take it!!!
Old 10-21-2005, 05:05 PM
Dominant Buck

I couldn't do it because I oppose fenced hunting and have worked toward having it banned here . I'm aware of the scale of the King Ranch , and the laws regarding the practice in Texas , but I just couldn't do it . I don't have a problem with anyone who wants to , it is legal there , but it's not for me .
Old 10-21-2005, 05:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

only if they paid for my airline tickets

yea right, i'm there, i dont care how high fuel is
Old 10-21-2005, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nope now way I mean yes sir I sure would.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Never!
Old 10-21-2005, 06:27 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: kevin1

I couldn't do it because I oppose fenced hunting and have worked toward having it banned here . I'm aware of the scale of the King Ranch , and the laws regarding the practice in Texas , but I just couldn't do it . I don't have a problem with anyone who wants to , it is legal there , but it's not for me .
Kevin, the King Ranch is not high fenced, all it has on its bounderys are a six strand barb wire fence 4 and half feet tall feet tall to keep the cattle in.... it does not stop the deer from going where ever they choose.......
Old 10-21-2005, 07:46 PM

Who wouldn't? Anyone who says they would not, is crazy! Bet if the offer was real their story would be different.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:50 PM

People PLEASE find out what your talking about before you open your mouth.......

The King ranch IS NOT HIGH FENCED. The ranch is actually 4 chunks of land that are all within the same area of south Texas. You have the Santa Gertrudis divison, the Laureles, the Encino, and my favorite the Norias division. The Norias division alone is 240,000 + acres. The ranch is 1.3x bigger then the state of Rhode Island, or 1,050x the size of Central Park in New York. I've had the chance several times to hunt on the King ranch and have shot everything from 160" bucks to Nailgi to quail to even an axis buck that crossed from the Yuttria ranch.

The King ranch gets top dollar for all hunts because, they are the King ranch. Theres a certain stigma about the King ranch that draws people to it. Its something that non-native Texans dont/cant understand. The King ranch is just one of those places that by simply saying the name, all shorts of images pops into ones mind.

Man I love south Texas and our big ranches, oil gushers, and muy grande bucks..................

Quick Reply: Would you take a free hunt at King Ranch?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.