HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Would you take a free hunt at King Ranch?
Old 10-21-2005, 07:50 PM
TXhighrack

Default RE: Would you take a free hunt at King Ranch?

People PLEASE find out what your talking about before you open your mouth.......

The King ranch IS NOT HIGH FENCED. The ranch is actually 4 chunks of land that are all within the same area of south Texas. You have the Santa Gertrudis divison, the Laureles, the Encino, and my favorite the Norias division. The Norias division alone is 240,000 + acres. The ranch is 1.3x bigger then the state of Rhode Island, or 1,050x the size of Central Park in New York. I've had the chance several times to hunt on the King ranch and have shot everything from 160" bucks to Nailgi to quail to even an axis buck that crossed from the Yuttria ranch.

The King ranch gets top dollar for all hunts because, they are the King ranch. Theres a certain stigma about the King ranch that draws people to it. Its something that non-native Texans dont/cant understand. The King ranch is just one of those places that by simply saying the name, all shorts of images pops into ones mind.

Man I love south Texas and our big ranches, oil gushers, and muy grande bucks..................