Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would you take a free hunt at King Ranch? >

Would you take a free hunt at King Ranch?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
85.93%
No
14.07%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Would you take a free hunt at King Ranch?

Old 10-24-2005, 01:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Would you take a free hunt at King Ranch?

I hunted South Texas once for deer and it just wasn't for me. I can't get too excited about sitting in a shed on stilts watching a feeder or sandero sprinkled with corn. I understand if that is your only option you deal with it but it just didn't seem like deer hunting to me. I could have shot plenty of deer and did enjoy watching the javalina and bobcats etc. I would gladly hunt Texas again if it wasspot and stalk and no bait or fences. I will say that several of the locals I spoke to didn't even hunt anymore because of the insane amount of money it takes to hunt there. Even some avid deer hunters said they could only hunt every other year due to the high cost. I guess bigger isn't always better, even in Texas.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:29 PM

Great idea livbucks.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:47 PM
Fork Horn

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...what ever...you guys stay in texas and ill stay everywhere else......
Old 10-24-2005, 03:33 PM

LivBucks,

They look almost nothing like a wild PA whitetail. I like the rough, knarrled look of old, wild PA deer

LMAO, you have got to be kidding me. "OLD, KNARRLED, Pa Buck"???? Did I read that right? Is that one of those urban legends? In PA a buck is damn lucky to live past 2 1/2 years old, hell hes damn lucky just to make it to 2 1/2. Most of the bucks killed up there are nubbins and 4-6 pointers. Ya'll had grown men crying about the new antler restrictions because they would no longer be allowed to kill 1 1/2 year old 3 pointers. Thats pathetic. Come on, honestly have you EVER seen a mature PA buck? Other then maybe in a Field & Stream magazine??

Old 10-24-2005, 03:35 PM

Heres what a mature south Texas buck looks like. The picture was taken duringthe annual helicopter deer survey on the ranch.....

Old 10-24-2005, 03:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

We got em up here its just harder to find them when you don't keep em in a pen.

That was just to easy.[]
Old 10-24-2005, 03:41 PM

here another mature buck with about 180" of antler onces its all said and done......

Old 10-24-2005, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TXhighrack

LivBucks,

They look almost nothing like a wild PA whitetail. I like the rough, knarrled look of old, wild PA deer

LMAO, you have got to be kidding me. "OLD, KNARRLED, Pa Buck"???? Did I read that right? Is that one of those urban legends? In PA a buck is damn lucky to live past 2 1/2 years old, hell hes damn lucky just to make it to 2 1/2. Most of the bucks killed up there are nubbins and 4-6 pointers. Ya'll had grown men crying about the new antler restrictions because they would no longer be allowed to kill 1 1/2 year old 3 pointers. Thats pathetic. Come on, honestly have you EVER seen a mature PA buck? Other then maybe in a Field & Stream magazine??

Here is a quick one. I wouldn't want to interrupt you LYAO. This'n is free range, but he aint no chick'n

Old 10-24-2005, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

If we were all that sensitive, we'd cut the pipelines and let all you other states find your OWN oil and gas.
We have oil in Texas??? Could have fooled me. Where does it go? Straight to the reserve?

My brother lived in El Paso for four years. Texas is a very beautiful country....I mean state. Would I take a free hunt at the King ranch? Hell yeah!!!
Old 10-24-2005, 09:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Josh, I don't give a rats furry white a$$ what you say, you simply cannot compare crop fields with baiting. I may be ignorant about south texas, I hope it stays that way, just kidding.Take a trip to Kansas someday, hell you can come hunt with me.[&:] I will show you crop fields of 100 acres or more.
Well apparently I can, and will. Perhaps it is you that needs to broaden your view outside of your Kansas box. I know of HUNDREDS of crop fields that are 10 acres of so. With the land situation in WV, many farmers cant afford much more.

And realistically, how hard is it to pattern a deer entering a 100 acre field. Seems pretty easy to find a wood line or an inside corner, or a creek crossing.

Quick Reply: Would you take a free hunt at King Ranch?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.