Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Somebody Killed My deer.

Old 10-20-2005, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Somebody Killed My deer.

Well I helped drag the buck ive been hunting for over 2 years tonight. An old family friend came in and killed him during the short blackpowder season we have. I had him at 30 yrds, full draw, two weeks ago... but he stopped behind a tree and i never had a good shot. Here's a bad pic of him i took w/ my cell phone. He's a main frame 8 @ 22 inches wide, w/ a third main beam coming off his right side. My dad said i looked like the kid they cancelled christmas on when i saw it. I guess im just venting my frustration to yall,i got the rest of the season to find another....Im sure this happens to a lot of us.

Old 10-20-2005, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Somebody Killed My deer.

Man, that is frustrating. Not a lot to say except good luck finding his brother.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:32 PM

sorry to hear that. I would have cried.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:45 PM

feel your pain...last year I was stalking 3 mature bucks all archery season...I saw all 3 of them in the back of other people's trucks after shotgun season. It really hurt for lack of better words. Alot time and work and the end result was squat. scored 125 140 142
Old 10-20-2005, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

That sucks.

Old 10-20-2005, 08:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

The far side horn either is broken or he's very deformed ,but regardless he's still a great buck .What's with the horn?

nubo
Old 10-20-2005, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

the far side is where the 3rd main beam comes out. It was partially broken off. The other part is just the main frame of the 8. This big boy had lots of character, thanks to the mineral supplements and food i fed him all this summer
Old 10-20-2005, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

That right there is heartbreaking for sure. Nice buck. Sorry to hear he got taken, but congrats to the family friend.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just goes to show that a buck isn't yours until your arrow is thru him and you tag is on him. Be a good sportsman and congratulate the heck out of the guy who got him and keep hunting hard with your head held high.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

An old family friend came in, I had him at 30 yrds, full draw
you should have took care of that old family friend then

J/K man, i feel your pain, but you should be patting the old family friend on the back, they'll be other deer, friends, thats a whole nuther subject

Quick Reply: Somebody Killed My deer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.