Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Pregnant Wife,  THANK GOD for Hunting.. >

Pregnant Wife, THANK GOD for Hunting..

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pregnant Wife, THANK GOD for Hunting..

Old 10-20-2005, 11:59 AM

Default RE: Pregnant Wife, THANK GOD for Hunting..

Well my girl and I have been dating for 6 years and are planning on getting married when we are all done with school. Now the kid thing, ya'll have got me thinking.[]

Anyway, congrats on your 2nd!
Old 10-20-2005, 12:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Man, I've got to give a tip of the old hat to my wife; she was absolutely awesome!! Then again, I think after having dealt with almost six years of infertility issues and being told by our OBGYN that we had "less than a 1% chance of getting pregnant" makes a woman appreciate what a blessing pregnancy is more than most.

Tell your wife to imagine not even being able to go to Wal-Mart and walk by all the baby clothes without breaking down into tears, or pretty much going out in public any where and seeing practically everyone with a newborn and how much it would tear at her heart.

The crabby days disappear real quick like when you put it into perspective! I'm sure your wife is awesome, but sometimes they need to understand what a miracle pregnancy is!
Old 10-20-2005, 12:15 PM

In my experience, being pregnant didn't make my wife crabby. It is more like the old joke my grandpa used to say...

Q: You know what the one thing is that a gal puts in her mouth that makes her get under your skin, and be a nag for the rest of her (your) life?

A: Wedding Cake!!!

Kidding of course....(please don't kill me Kathy!)
Old 10-20-2005, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I read some of these replys to the wife, and she LAUGHED.. so thats good, must be in her UP SWING.. lol
Old 10-20-2005, 01:35 PM

Congrats. I guess we are in the same boat but this will be my first child. My wife is around 10 or 11 weeks and you could say a little hard to deal with right now. I was told to expect mood swings and they weren't kidding. I am trying to enjoy this deer season because Im sure I wont have as much time next year. Good luck
Old 10-20-2005, 01:43 PM

You must not hunt all the time!
Old 10-20-2005, 01:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Just wait till she has the baby and wont let you go hunting
Old 10-20-2005, 02:33 PM

I hear you cardeer. Try to go hunting with a new baby at home. She will make you feel miserable for leaving her alone with the child. I have got 3 now and my oldest is 13. Now the kids go hunting with me and that's what it is all about. My11 year old son shot his first gobbler this year with his single 20 gauge. You talking aboutone happy kid and one proud DAD. He wants to bowhunt this year but he can only pull back 30# and he is very accurate with his bow. He is really disapointed he can't bowhunt but he does'nt want to wound a deer. He has a brand new Bear LIL DELTA bow set at 40# waiting for him to grow into it next year. Hopefully next year he will be in the stand next me. His 8 year old little brother is ready to go too! He has all the guns, bows,and camowaiting for him to grow into.

One piece of advice I can give tonew Dads. When your kids get to the age were they can start hunting, don't pressure them to go with you. If you do theywill not want to go. I tell meboys about my hunts and how wonderfulit was to to be in the woods that day. They light up and get excited and I leave it at that. The next morning they get me out of bed so they can go with me. they love it!

The greatest enjoyment to a Dad is to be in the outdoors hunting with your kids. Its the proudest moment you will experience and the memories will be there the rest of your lives. I am lucky to have them in my life.

Those first few years with a new babywill bevery demanding on you and your wife. But look what you have to look forward too! trust me and I am sure other fathers on this board will agree it's worth it!