Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 So who wants to hear about the 2006 Bowtech "Tribute" ?? >

So who wants to hear about the 2006 Bowtech "Tribute" ??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So who wants to hear about the 2006 Bowtech "Tribute" ??

Old 10-18-2005, 11:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: So who wants to hear about the 2006 Bowtech "Tribute" ??

Can a person buy a set of 2006 E Modular Cams and retro-fit them onto a 2005 Allegiance?
If this ever becomes an option (or if it is possible due to geometry and design) I doubt you'll be able to get cams anytime soon. They'll be tied up in 2006 bow purchases shortly.[:-]

Can't say yes or no on this one, sorry.[&o]
Old 10-18-2005, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, looks like I may have found an upgrade for my Patriot. I really like what I've seen (so far) of the Tribute bow. Thanks Matt! Can't wait to see some pics.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:34 PM

Can you give us a little more info on the Equalizer.

This really caught my 26" Draw Length attention

ATA?
BH?

Thanks!
Old 10-18-2005, 12:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Can you give us a little more info on the Equalizer.

This really caught my 26" Draw Length attention
Allen,
Absolutely........

32.12 ATA length
7" brace height
65-80% let-off
Weight = 20-60#
Lengths = 23-26.5"
3.5 lb.

Looks like a little bit shorter and slimmed down Allegiance w/ the 40 degree offset limb pocket design.......
Old 10-18-2005, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

6 bows total in the Bowtech line-up........all "Binary Cam" cam models.

Tribute (I haven't discussed the marketing strategy with anyone yet but my guess is that yes the ZERO ads will probably revolve around the Tribute with it's obvious shock / recoil reducing design, but the rest of the bows will share similar shot feel properties)

The Allegiance, Old Glory and Constitution models remain and have been upgraded and revamped to seperate them from their 2005 counterparts in performance and feel.
Try 327-335fps for the 'Fast mod' Allegiance with a 7" brace height.[:-]
Or 308-316fps for an Old Glory w/ an 8" brace height!

New short draw, high performance model called the Equalizer.....302 IBO speeds at 26.5" and 60#! It will be available from 23-26.5" and 20-60# and only weigh 3.5 lbs. This is no kids bow........it's a true adult big boy bow for the short draw length , low draw weight crowd.

The Tomkat package bow for 2006 is an "E" cam bow with a completely new package set up.
The Tribute sounds nice but I can forsee an Allegiance or Old Glory in future for next year. The Allegiance sounds ike the perfect hunting rig for me. Speed or smoothness (my choice) 7" brace, smokin fast, no shock, and possible choice of camo colors.....Good grief what more could you ask for?!
Old 10-18-2005, 12:58 PM

OH mannnnnnnnn I am so Drooling here!!!
Old 10-18-2005, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like Bowtech left me out again this year. I really like the E cam bows and I like the Allegiance and I would love to buy one but I need a little more brace in a hunting bow. I don't like the 31" bows so that leaves me out there. I guess I will have wait until 07 to buy a new bow. All I want is an Allegiance with 7.5 or > inches of brace.Hopefully, there is one out there for this yer that we haven't heard about yet. I really like Bowtech but it seems to me like they are forgetting about the hunter or either I am in the minority on what a hunter wants. Sure I want a fast bow but how about a fast bow that is quiet, accurate,with some added brace height and still around the 34" ATA length. Is it just me or would that not be the perfect hunting?????
Old 10-18-2005, 01:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like Bowtech left me out again this year. I really like the E cam bows and I like the Allegiance and I would love to buy one but I need a little more brace in a hunting bow. I don't like the 31" bows so that leaves me out there. I guess I will have wait until 07 to buy a new bow. All I want is an Allegiance with 7.5 or > inches of brace.Hopefully, there is one out there for this yer that we haven't heard about yet. I really like Bowtech but it seems to me like they are forgetting about the hunter or either I am in the minority on what a hunter wants. Sure I want a fast bow but how about a fast bow that is quiet, accurate,with some added brace height and still around the 34" ATA length. Is it just me or would that not be the perfect hunting?????

The way to look at the new Tribute is that of a more laid back Allegiance......it's on the same riser. At rest the Tribute will look like the Allegiance at full draw and will exhibit very minimal limb tip travel. In effect it will behave very much like an Allegiance at full draw with regards to feel and stability.
It will not behave like a 'Shorty' bow. I expect it to feel and shoot like an even milder shooting and more forgiving Allegiance. It'll be the short bow without the short bow characteristics.

But everyone likes what they like I guess......I would hope you'll at least shoot one with an open mind.
Sounds to me like the Old Glory is what you would like anyway?....8" brace height mid 3teens speed. and it's 37" ATA......That's only 1.5" more on either end (compared to the Allegiance), and if anyone can tell me with a straight face that 1.5" of extra bow on each end is going to interfere with their treestand hunting vs. a 34" ATA.........

So we're missing you by .5" of brace height on the Allegiance or 1.5" of effective ATA length with the Old Glory?
Old 10-18-2005, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Matt,

How about the specs for the upgraded Tomkat, please.

Thanks!

Bill
Old 10-18-2005, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's only 1.5" more on either end, and if anyone can tell me with a straight face that 1.5" of extra bow on each end is going to interfere with their treestand hunting.
Well I have samacked my climber top on two different occaisions when I was shooting a 36" ATA bow so I guess I can say with a straight face that the extra 1" on the bottom end has mattered in the past. BUT, I will give the Tribute a go and see what I think about it as well as the Old Glory. Sure would have liked to have seen a tall brace version of the Allegiance though..............

Quick Reply: So who wants to hear about the 2006 Bowtech "Tribute" ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.