Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 C'mere deer! This crap works!!! >

C'mere deer! This crap works!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

C'mere deer! This crap works!!!

Old 10-18-2005, 12:49 PM

Default RE: C'mere deer! This crap works!!!

Bass Pro near me has a bottle that enough to make a gallon and costs like $7.99 .
Old 10-18-2005, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dog hunting is allowed in eastern VA because of the tradition of hunting with dogs that dates back to it's English roots. George Washington, a VA native, is credited with the Fox hound breed of dog. So there's a long tradition of dogs being used. It doesn't guarantee anything anymore than a man drive does, and the terrain they are used in is usually swamp or large pine thickets where it's hard to get into crawling let alone upright. The smart big bucks still tend to circle in the thickest stuff and you still have to go in there and get them.

Do I hunt with dogs? No, too much trouble in my opinion, and a lot of the hunt clubs are slob hunters. Have I ever hunted with dogs? Yes, and it's fun to hear dogs howling and heading your way and the anticipation. I still hunt from stands where I think the deer will travel. But I've got no problem with hunting with dogs if it's done in a legal sporting manner rather than truck hunting.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:20 PM

its not legal in al,wouldn't mind tring it, but hunting with or over bait in al is $500 big boys, a guy i work with got busted opening morning.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:10 PM

I know it's illegal in SD, I emailed my gfp.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:53 PM
Typical Buck

I have no problem with useing dogs to hunt. I have chased many bear and couger with them. I just think its funny that you cant bait but dogs are ok. Thats just backwards.
Old 10-23-2005, 05:45 AM
Dominant Buck

I just think its funny that you cant bait but dogs are ok.
I grew up in a world where anyone that would chase a deer with a dog was as low as you can get. And any dog that was caught in the woods chasing deer was probably shot.

Then I moved to Georgia. One of the 3 clubs I joined was a "Dog Club". Why would I join? Because they had 20,000 acres and it cost me $50 a year. The head of the club was the regional guy for St Regis Paper Company. We had 50 members. They lived for the 2 weeks of dog season. For the bow season there were 5 or 6 of us that hunted the 20,000 acres.

They kept after me to come dog hunt. To play nice and fit in I went when the season opened. What a hoot. It was somewhere between story tellin', Charlie Chaplain and the Keystone Cops with a Chinese firedrill thrown in. AND NOPE... it dang sure wasn't easy. Probably never had more than 25 people at a time. Burned a lot of gas and shoe leather. Oh we got some deer.....but what a riot. Different kind of hunting an a Southern tradition.
Old 10-23-2005, 07:51 PM
Fork Horn

I checked with one of my local CPO's here in IL and he said if it is salt or mineral based it is illegal!!...He also said the #1 way of deer spreading CWD is with siliva...If one deer licks the stuff then another comes and licks the same spot you just spread CWD to another deer...Since we already have CWD in Northern ILit probablywouldn't be good to use that stuff......This CPO recommended that in Sept. to plant wheat...He says they clobber that early in the season.....

Old 10-23-2005, 08:35 PM
Typical Buck

cmon guys, this isnt about a debate with Dog Hunting. This topic is about cmere deer, dont flame his topic like this...
Old 10-24-2005, 09:17 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: -DeerSlayer-

cmon guys, this isnt about a debate with Dog Hunting. This topic is about cmere deer, dont flame his topic like this...
Thanks DearSlayer,

[quote]
I checked with one of my local CPO's here in IL and he said if it is salt or mineral based it is illegal!!...He also said the #1 way of deer spreading CWD is with siliva...If one deer licks the stuff then another comes and licks the same spot you just spread CWD to another deer...Since we already have CWD in Northern ILit probablywouldn't be good to use that stuff......This CPO recommended that in Sept. to plant wheat...He says they clobber that early in the season.....
[quote/]

bolton22,
I guess them eating the same plants,licking branchesand forrage kinda stinks!
Not to mention water holes!!!DANG THAT CWD!!!!!
And yes it contains salt,so I say don't use it !

BUT...
for those of you that can,try it and you'll see!!!!!![8D][8D][8D]

Old 10-24-2005, 09:39 PM
Fork Horn

True but you don't even want to get me started on this baiting gig....I'm not an advocate of the DNR....Food Plots in general are for attracting deer!! Most people that plant them hunt over them!! Is that baiting???!!! Deer are attracted to the food source!!.....Our DNR Huters Digest describes baiting as any form of attractant that is not agricultural????? Is a food plot agricultural if you don't harvest it ie. Corn, Beans, Wheat, Milo...ect......!!! is green patch plus agricultural or bait??? are buckoats agricultural or bait?? who actuall harvests these plants and what for??? Deer cocaine...attracts deer but it is "Bait"!!???....This is actually another whole thread!! sorry for my rant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: C'mere deer! This crap works!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.