Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Project HELP BLIND BUD!!!!!!!! >

Project HELP BLIND BUD!!!!!!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Project HELP BLIND BUD!!!!!!!!

Old 10-14-2005, 07:10 PM

Default Project HELP BLIND BUD!!!!!!!!

Hey all I just meet a great huntingnetmember on here and he needs all our help. He is alegally blind veteranand wants to go on a deer hunt before his vision completly goes out. He can only see a few feet. He uses a spotter to shot his deer but he got kicked out of his hunting club last yearbecause they said he was a liability.I have already contacted huntn.biz and the lions club to see if they can help this legally blindveteran. Myhuntnbiz boss has already said he will contact the owner of huntn.biz and see about a freedom hunt that will be on the sportsman channel or outdoor channel. But If allthis falls through we should have a back up plan.I say we start a donation to get blind bud ona guided deer hunt!!! I will contact all of my outfitters and see which oneswould like to do the hunt. Im guessing we will need to send him on a preserve hunt so he will be able to get in close to a real trophy. People interested in helping or donatingcontact me at [email protected].
Old 10-15-2005, 07:20 PM

Default RE: Project HELP BLIND BUD!!!!!!!!

m.t.hands said he would love to help!!!! Good deal!!! We need more members just incase huntnbiz or lions club falls through.
Old 10-30-2005, 03:15 PM

Good News!!!!!!!I have talked two outfitters into letting blind bud get his hunt!!! The only problem is they want 1000 for one hunt and 3500 for another. If anyone would like to help out give me a call @770-307-8012 or email me @ [email protected]
Old 10-30-2005, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

How about contacting the PVA (Paralyzed Veterans of America) and see if they will help. I know several chapters hold annual deer hunts. Even if Bud ain't paralyzed, I can't see them turning him away. Do a google search for the PVA in his area.

Here in Iowa, we put the veterans in a hydrolic lift and a bunch of soldiers and airmen go out and drive the deer to them.