Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunters doing free advertising >

Hunters doing free advertising

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunters doing free advertising

Old 06-01-2012, 07:12 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by quiksilver
Something just hit me - Hunter do more free advertising than any other group, IMO.

When I go to skiing/mountain biking forums, I don't see people posting about what bike they ride, or skis/poles they use. We don't put Trek stickers on our cars.

Baseball players don't wear Easton or Nike shirts when they're not playing baseball.

Kayakers ... heck, I don't even know who makes Kayaks.

Photographers don't run around spouting off about how great their Nikon lenses are, or bashing Kodak products.

Golfers might wear a Taylor Made hat, but they don't have R7 decals on their windows. They're also not a member of "Team Big Bertha."

IMO, hunting is like golf, if you're a great hunter, or a fantastic golfer, you're probably going to do well, no matter what brand of products you're using. Tiger Woods could be a scratch golfer with rental clubs and range balls. Team Realtree would get deer if they were wearing BDU's, and using Bear Whitetail II bows. Why, then, do we put so much emphasis on brands/products? You're NOT on Realtree's "TEAM," you're paying them to advertise their products!!

Amusing food for thought.

Thoughts/Comments???

depends what group of friends you associate with,
hang out with hunters will see and discuss hunting equipment,
go to a ski town, and will see ski brand logos everywhere,
photographers talk alot about their equipment when around other photographers, likes and dislikes,
as for pro athletes, not sure if that counts as free advertising as they are paid to wear logos on and off the field,
heck some even have to cover non paid logos off the field
Old 06-24-2012, 11:22 AM
Fork Horn

Gotta look cool. That's what hunting is all about now, where you been the last few years?