Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Great hunt tonight! >

Great hunt tonight!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Great hunt tonight!

Old 10-12-2005, 08:11 PM

Default Great hunt tonight!

welll tonight I hunted on my bosses land after work. He has a field in front of his house surrounded by woods on both sides. I got 30 yrds away from his driveway and got my stand the highest Ive had it, about 16 feet. The land is beautiful filled with poplars and a few oaks and others. It is real clear, no need to cut shooting lanes.
I hear some turkeys clucking, so I cluck back. I like to play w/ turkeys. They went away and then came back up the driveway a little later about 30 yrds away. I didnt shoot b/c I wasnt comfortable shooting at them from 30 yrds and they were just hens, no biggie. I then see mother doe and her 2 young'ns in the field walking the edges, nothing from them.
Right at dusky dark I hear a leaf behind me, its a doe. She comes right under my stand. A couple minutes later, another one comes. They start licking the branches and leaves where I sprayed my new formula. I got the idea from someone on here, vanilla extract and H2O. I used it as a cover but got some on the ground too. I couldnt get a shot b/c I couldnt see my sights thru my peep too well, (buy a no peep???) Well I get out my headlamp and see if they notice the red light or the regular light, nope. I snap some pics but they really didnt turn out. They then go and lay down 10 yrds away. I wait and then grunt, they really didnt like that but still stayed. I whistled and talked and finally threw my broken arrow to scare them off. It broke b/c my top of my stand fell on my quiver when I was setting up on the ground.Anyway it was the first time I had deer come under my stand. it was exciting. They were still there when I climbed down about 20 yrds out, I could see the redeyes.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Great hunt tonight!

cool, sounds like a great way to spend an afternoon
Old 10-12-2005, 08:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Your right sounds like a great hunt! Sure is fun!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck!
Old 10-13-2005, 12:25 AM

Dang, I barley breath cuz I don't want to scare them off, you have to throw things at them to get them to leave. I'm going to try that vanilla on one hunt this year.

CYberg
Old 10-13-2005, 12:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Better then my day.