Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you all feel the same way?? >

Do you all feel the same way??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you all feel the same way??

Old 10-08-2005, 10:09 PM

Default Do you all feel the same way??

Tonight I was fortunate enough to shoot a doe. I had seven deer come to me and I picked out the doe that didnt appear to have any fawns tagging along with her. It wasn't the greatest shot but she only went 75 yards and it was over with. I was full of excitement just like always, but things have changed over the years for me.

I have bowhunted 11 years (27 years old)and for the first 5 or 6, I was just full of excitment and nothing else when I got one, but as the years have gone, with each kill, I'm still excited but I genuinely feel bad for what I have just done. I get up to the deer and see that slick coat, thosebig eyes, wide open and I feel bad and sorry for taking such a beautiful animal. I now find myself saying a prayer after each kill, thanking both the animal and the creator, but there is still a part of me that genuinely feels sad for the animal.

Does anyone else get that feeling I'm talking about?
Old 10-08-2005, 10:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Do you all feel the same way??

Probably just means you have a good heart. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:28 PM
Fork Horn

Absolutely, I always take a moment to giverespect to any animal I have harvested. It is only right in my eyes.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know that feeling. Except I used to get it when I first started bowhunting. These days I still get just as excited about each kill but those feelings of guilt are no more.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I kinda get like thatso I know exactly what you are talking about. Especially since I have had children. Can't explain why but since my children with the oldest going to be 3 soon, I am a total softy.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yep know what you mean.that is maturity and respect for Gods creation. The older I get the more I am aware of that .
Old 10-09-2005, 01:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've felt that way all along. When you remember that this deer was running along happily through the woods not aware that you were there hiding, it makes an impact. Not enough to stop from pursuing my passion, but time to reflect on what I just did.
Old 10-09-2005, 05:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I always have feelings that are similar to what you are describing.I like to think it comes from the respect that I have for the animal!I would be more concerned if someone didn't have at least a little of "hunters remorse".
Congratulations to you!
Old 10-09-2005, 05:20 AM
Dominant Buck

It could be worse. It could be people you're hunting.
Old 10-09-2005, 05:52 AM
Typical Buck

yes, I do feel a bit of regret, sadness. it has happened more this year than in recent ones. I have shot two does in the past week, and I somehow spined both. not spined in the traditional sense, but that is what happened. I couldn't put another shot on either deer from the tree. I won't go into detail, but I did say I was sorry out loud to the deer both times.

Quick Reply: Do you all feel the same way??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.