Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 HOW MANY BOW KILLS DO YOU HAVE? AGE? YEARS? >

HOW MANY BOW KILLS DO YOU HAVE? AGE? YEARS?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HOW MANY BOW KILLS DO YOU HAVE? AGE? YEARS?

Old 10-09-2005, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: HOW MANY BOW KILLS DO YOU HAVE? AGE? YEARS?

I am 38 years old. Only been bowhunting for around4 years, My second night in a stand I shot a fair six pointer. Kinda wish I woulda let him pass but I had the new guys jitters. Next I shot a nice doe the next year. Then my 3rd year I shot a 152 gross 143 net whitetail that had 11 points. That is a story in itself. I also got a huge Iowa fed doe that year. Then last year I got another six pointer that I thought had a deformed rack and just wanted to cull him from the herd, I was wrong he had 1 side busted off. OOPS. So I guess Ihave 5 deer in 4 years not bad I guess. But I do live in Iowaand you can't spit here in western Iowa without hitting a deer.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

31 years old, 18th year with a bow. I just killed my 30th bow deer last night. 12 bucks.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

i'm 16 but this will be my first season of serious bowhunting. so hopefully i'll chalk up a kill or two this year.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:54 AM

if 16 this will be second bowseason and i am 1fer1 on deer taken/found but i am 1-4 for shots taken,,,2 misses then i had my string loop pull though will drawin on a doe and the 4th shot i succefully harvest my first deer with a bow(2nd overall) both of the deer i have taken (1gun 1bow) were both button bucks but i was very happy with them both
Old 10-09-2005, 08:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Numerous dozens. It's not the numbers, but whether or not you're having fun.[8D]

Old 10-09-2005, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm 39. Been hunting since I was about 7. I've been bow hunting for 7 years. I've killed 1 P&Y muliebuck, 1 P&Y whitetail buck, and9 whitetail doe, and one buck antelope. Several coyotes, several prairie dogs, a bunch of rabbits and grous, with my bow!
Also shot 5 dove at a water hole one year while waiting on antelope!
Old 10-09-2005, 09:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm 53 andcrotchety, but not as old a fart as davidmil.[8D]

Got my first bow when I was 3 and started 'hunting' with it when I was 6. And yes, I considerstalking cottontails in the half acre veggie garden behind the farm house 'hunting.' Big time safari for me when I was 6.

Over the years I'vebow shota few deer, more hogs andlikely severaltruckloads of cottontails, jackrabbits, squirrels, prairie dogs, raccoons, possums, coyotes, foxes, bobcats, dove, quail, duck, rattlesnakes, copperheads, water moccasins, carp, gar, even a couple of snapping turtles... Practically all with a recurve or longbow. Never really fell in lovewith a compound for hunting. It never occurred to me to keep a running tally. Even if I had, I would've run out of fingers and toes years ago.

Old 10-09-2005, 09:37 AM
Typical Buck

I'm 25, this is 4th year bow hunting. I've only ever shot one deer and it wondered onto an anti's property[:@]
Old 10-09-2005, 09:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Been hunting for 22 years and have shot somewhere between 25-30 whitetails...3/4 of which with a bow. 4 bucks to date with two of those being in rifle.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:02 AM
Typical Buck

29,hunting 18 years,bowhunting for 9th season now.I have 9 deer with a bow,and 2 with a X-bow.Now if you want to talk about gun kills...

Quick Reply: HOW MANY BOW KILLS DO YOU HAVE? AGE? YEARS?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.