Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 my girls are back >

my girls are back

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

my girls are back

Old 10-06-2005, 09:04 AM

Default my girls are back

Well ive been out now several times since last saturday. Every day same time same place my girls come out of the orchard, scamper arross a little grass field and filter into the woods one by one. I refer to them as the baby sitters club. Five does about 2 mabe 3 yrs old munchin on acorns, playin and jumpin around. They remind me of a group of teenage girls rompin around abercrombie and fitch. Im getting real hungry and i want to shoot one. But ive decided not to. They dont know im there, (obvously because they have already been under my stands for sometimes2 hrs), and im hoping that once the rut starts some big daddy bucks lookin fer some luvin might follow them in from the orchard. And ive seen some bucks there that would make ted nugent proud. Ive drawn back on each of them atleast 10 times. I figure its a good way to practice proper tree stand procedure when setting up for the shot. Besides, its great entertainment for most of the hunt. I treat it as a mock shoot. Ive seen some bigger doe around my stand but they haven given me the shot im looking for. As far as bucks are concerned, well...... I have a plan, and im not tellin!

Just felt like tellin a story, Good luck!
Old 10-06-2005, 09:20 AM

Default RE: my girls are back

Yep, sometimes it is as more fun watching them than taking a shot. Interesting how you could give some of them names based on how they act each time you see them.
Good call waiting till later. Bet you get rewarded with that buck.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: my girls are back

I agree that it is very rewarding just to be able to see these animals sometimes...shot or no shot. I think your plan, thus far, sounds like it has alot of potential.