Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Where do you get your arrows from >

Where do you get your arrows from

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Where do you get your arrows from

Old 10-06-2005, 02:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Where do you get your arrows from

I do it EBAY! Some guys will cut and fletch them to your liking, but I just need the bare shafts. Just check the ads - I usually get my GT's for around 40/doz + shipping (usually cheap).
Old 10-06-2005, 03:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

I really enjoy making my own.....an Apple Arrow saw, Bitz jig and clamps and the knowledge to use them is such a feeling of freedom.
In the long run you'll save some $$ but the ability to just make whatever you want whenever and with an attention to detail that you KNOW you'll be satisfied with is the real reason.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:39 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I get mine from e-bay. I just bid on raw shafts and make my own. I like building them and it saves a bunch of money.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:49 PM

For you guys that buy on ebay, does it save money even after you include the cost of shipping? I have thought about this option before, so I am curious.

I build all my arrows, with the exception of cutting them. I buy raw shafts from my local pro shop.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:59 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Saves me quite a bit. I've been shooting Beman matrix and the last dozen I got off e-bay cost me $85 with shipping. Last I checked at the arrow shop they were well over $100. You have to be willing to watch a lot of the auctions and wait on them. Several times I have seen a dozen shafts bring more than the shop charges before the shipping, then all of a sudden there is a batch that no one bids one. You have to be patient and I have yet to have a bad experience this way.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

You've got to be careful about buying shafts onEbay. Quite a few guys buy several dozen shafts, go through them with a spine testerand grain scale, check them for straightness,then pick out the straightest dozen that are close to being matching shafts and then sell their culls as new shafts. They technically ARE new, but they've been picked over. If you don't mind using someone else's leftovers, then you can save some money.

Old 10-06-2005, 08:12 PM

www.mtnarchery.com

I've been buying from them for three years and have always been happy!

-Rob
Old 10-06-2005, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just bought my last dozen of arrows from a shop. I'm set for the rest of this year right now. I hope to pickup the tools to do it all myself for next year.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:47 AM

Thanks for all the information peeps, a huge help as always.

Thanks, CYberg

Old 10-07-2005, 02:33 AM

I just buy them at a proshop....cut, fletched and all ready to go.

Quick Reply: Where do you get your arrows from

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.