Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 how mad would this make you? >

how mad would this make you?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how mad would this make you?

Old 10-03-2005, 06:42 PM

Default how mad would this make you?

it all started2 days ago, i am hunting private land that only i have permission to hunt.2 days ago i spooked a massive 8 point buck when i drew back my bow. yesterday i got some pics of him, i was just glad to see that he was still in the area. i took off from work today to hunt and this morning about 7:20three does came into my feed plot and then i spotted him about 45 yards off to the right from me and i could tell that he knew something was up. he never spooked but he moved on when the does moved on and i never got a shot. this evening i climbed into my stand about 4 and started waiting. about 7:10 i saw the same 3 does coming up a trail from this feild to the left of me and then i spotted him about 30 yards behing them heading right for me!! the does got about 30 yards from me and all of a sudden the loudest 4 wheeler you have ever heard in your life came flying up the trail right behind the deer and blew right under my stand!!! scared all the deer off[:@]. i went and talked to the land owner and he said that he hasn't given anyone permission to ride up there, needless to say he was pretty mad himself. what should i do next time i see him? take out a tire lol?

think that might have scared that buck off for good?
Old 10-03-2005, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: how mad would this make you?

No I think he'll be back. I know in Texas you have the right to shoot him(if he's damaging your property or tresspasing) which he is.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would of prolly took out the tire

OR Report it to the police

TAKE your pick
Old 10-03-2005, 06:57 PM
Dominant Buck

No he will be back. They get use to dodging things like that. On a good note, you are seeing nice deer.

Good luck
Old 10-03-2005, 07:15 PM

Put a 2X6 with a bunch of nails in it sticking up and burry it in a little bit of grass and when the 4 wheeler comes buy it will take out the tires for you.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:21 PM

The buck will be back, at least in my area, a 4 wheeler is almost a natural sound now.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes it would make me mad. i like the 2x6 and the nails suggestion. Or better yet a deep hole with leaves covering it.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:57 PM

No dont use nails or shoot him, but very good ideas to, I would move your stand farther into the woods where the does and buck is coming from. And if that buy on the quad comes back, deal with it. TUFF LUCK!

Old 10-03-2005, 08:06 PM

No dont use nails or shoot him, but very good ideas to, I would move your stand farther into the woods where the does and buck is coming from. And if that buy on the quad comes back, deal with it. TUFF LUCK!

don't see me moving my stand on my private huntin land for an idiot on a four wheeler that shouldn't be there anyway, and too all you other guys that posted thanks for the suggestions and comments. i am gonna try the nails in the boards.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

LMAO at Mnpurples signature with Mike Tice. hahhahahaha I feel you bro, The vikings have been letting us down for years now.

Quick Reply: how mad would this make you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.