Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Opening Weekend - IL >

Opening Weekend - IL

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Opening Weekend - IL

Old 10-03-2005, 06:50 AM
Spike

Default Opening Weekend - IL

This is for all of the IL bowhunters out there. How were the deer moving this weekend? I hunted Sat. Morning and Sun. evening and didn't see a thing. It is way too warm. I mean tomorrow it is supposed to be in the 90's. What kind of weather is that for October? Anyways, I'm not getting too discouraged yet. Our spot doesn't usually heat up until mid to late October anyways.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Opening Weekend - IL

My weekend was about the same as yours.

My area is still surrounded by corn, so they are living in the corn.

Still plenty of time!!
Old 10-03-2005, 07:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Saw one doe feeding behind me Sat. morning, and after moving stand locations in the evening, had a yearling make her way to the corn, and about an hour later had a mature doe and a yearling follow suit.

I was hung up over some pretty good acorns, but they went right past them and headed straight to the corn. I need the farmer to cut some of that corn; they indeed are just living out there.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Lance

I jumped on to check in w/my team, and saw your post. Hang in there, buddy - it's a long season. No need to hit the panic button yet. Besides, it was so stinkin' hot on Saturday, I'm surprised the deer didn't roast to death.

Remember, if you wanna come out here to PA and hunt with me, you're plenty welcome. I'll have time to burn now, b/c I lucked out Saturday morning.Not the biggest guy out there, but I couldn't pass him up.

Old 10-03-2005, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

The deer wont go near anyone that shoots a Mathews, thats your problem!!!
Old 10-03-2005, 08:09 AM

ORIGINAL: Diesel77

See that is not true and I have pictures to prove it.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:01 AM
Spike

Hey Fran, nice to hear from. That's a good looking deer. Congrats. Is there a restriction for how many bucks you can take in PA? I would've loved to see that walk by my stand this weekend. Or anything for that matter. If things don't shape up over here I just might have to make a trip to old PA to hunt with ya. As for old Diesel77's comment about my bow. Let me guess, you shoot a Bowtech? I've shot them all, and in my opinion the Mathew's felt the best and performed for me, so that's all that matters.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

That is because they know that they don't stand a chance when the ALL MIGHTY MATHEWS THROWS A LIGHTNING BOLT THROUGH THEM!!
Old 10-03-2005, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Greetings fellas-I live right on the Ill./Iowa border now about 25 miles from my Ill. home town. Did't go outon the opener-actually I don't start until around the middle of Oct. & then practically liveon Deer stand (I am blessed to be able to do that).
BUT!!! What do you fellas think a Non-Resident feels when he doesn't see a GIANT Buck each time he goes out on stand? I think MANY think your going to be overrun with Whitetails every time you go out from all the Hype on our Big Bucks. Sad in a way-it takes away from the joy of Bowhunting (just my opinion).
Good Luck to you all& I hope you get a chance at that Buck of your dreams. Oh, this is a Pic. I took opening morning in my back yard by my Deer Target. MaMa& her twins aren't to worried-they know I am looking for Daddy...

Old 10-03-2005, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Switchbkshooter I shoot Hoyts, but its all good. I have shot the Switchback and the Outback and loved them both, very smooth, quiet, fast bows and may own one myself one day being as I buy new bows every 2 years.

I just like messin with Mathews guys because you ALL are such diehards lol.

Quick Reply: Opening Weekend - IL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.