Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 talk about on the fence in the 11th hour >

talk about on the fence in the 11th hour

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

talk about on the fence in the 11th hour

Old 09-30-2005, 12:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default talk about on the fence in the 11th hour

alright. I have about 6 days off at the time and always more time coming. here is my dillema, and it is one that has been bugging the heck out of me for more than two weeks. I have NEVER missed the opening day of bow season except the one time I was overseas with the usn. I was seriously considering hunting tomorrow am (but I am suppose to work in the am) considering the wx is suppose to be near 80 tomorrow pm. I was going to save this leave for later in the month, but this is SUCH a tradition to go on. thoughts? I probably won't make up my mind until 9pm tonight...ugh, then I have to figure out which stand to sit...ahhh!!
Old 09-30-2005, 12:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: talk about on the fence in the 11th hour

Well it won't be 80 in the early am ..hunt till 9-10 am..gotta keep tradition
Old 09-30-2005, 12:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

You know we are all anxious to get back out to the woods. But only a few will score tomorrow(on a nice buck that is). The rest of us know thatbetter days are coming as the rut draws nearer but we still just gotta get out!
Old 09-30-2005, 12:33 PM

Go into work late, better late than never! If you don't go, I'm sure a big ole mossy back will be standing under your tree eating acorns. Your clear for takeoff....
Old 09-30-2005, 12:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

What's wrong with going after work? You keep the bosses happy (the one at work and the one at home), don'thurt your paycheckAND continue the tradition.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'b be hunting in the am. At least until 10 or so. I've been waiting all year for the first day and I'm not missing it for anything. Nobody ever laid on their death bed wishing they worked just that one more day but there are plenty out there wishing for just that one extra hour in the woods.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nobody ever laid on their death bed wishing they worked just that one more day but there are plenty out there wishing for just that one extra hour in the woods.
Yep, but I've rubbed elbows with many a guy in the unemployment line that wishes he still had his job the Monday after opening day. Been there, done that. [8D]
Old 09-30-2005, 12:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Opening day is a tradition for me as well though considering your situation I think you would be better served by waiting it out for better weather.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's supposed to be in the 40's overnight here, just a couple hours south of you! Go in the morning, it won't heat up until around 2. Deer shouldbe moving. I've been seeing them a LOT the past couple of days around 5 pm and it's already starting to dip in temp by then.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a good friend who quite ajob to hunt a specific buck! He killed the buck that year, then again he was single and didnt have a lot of responsiblity, I guess you have to look at your personal situation and decide based on +'s and -'s.

Make a quick list of pros and cons..consequences,rewards....then...decide..

Quick Reply: talk about on the fence in the 11th hour

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.