Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Kill this spike or not? >

Kill this spike or not?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Kill this spike or not?

Old 09-30-2005, 11:04 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Kill this spike or not?

In response to Badatta2DI don't need justification to shoot any deer. I was looking to see what others hunters think about a certian topic. Thats what a on line forum is for. If you don't like the topic... move on to another one. A response like your just means that you need to "look inside yourself" and figure out what makes you so dam grumpy!!

Here is a sample of one of the other deer that I have been able to get on the same camera location. Badatta2DI would probably pass on this one as well.

Old 09-30-2005, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

hence his posting name "Badatta2D" = bad attitude

he's just trying maintain his tough screen name, he's probably a pre pubecent chick lol

dont let these posts bother you Labhunter, its all good fun
Old 09-30-2005, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: labhunter

Here is a sample of one of the other deer that I have been able to get on the same camera location. Badatta2DI would probably pass on this one as well.

Send him on down my way I`ll take`em
Old 09-30-2005, 12:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: labhunter

Thats what a on line forum is for. If you don't like the topic... move on to another one. A response like your just means that you need to "look inside yourself" and figure out what makes you so dam grumpy!!
You are correct it is an online forum..perhaps you should have clarified and said ONLY RESPOND IF YOU AGREE WITH ME. Not grumpy, just honest and standing by My Opinion of your post!

"hence his posting name "Badatta2D" = bad attitude

he's just trying maintain his tough screen name, he's probably a pre pubecent chick lol

dont let these posts bother you Labhunter, its all good fun "

Hey newbie, neither prepubecent or a chick, so you're gonna have to troll for a date elsewhere.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:51 PM

Well here we go again . everybody sayin let it go and it will grow . this is not always true some deer just dont have the genetics to get to have big racks . judging from the body size and the mass at the antler base i would say he needs to be culled from the breeding stock . but if you dont need the meat maybe let some one who does take him maybe even let a kid harvest or kill or whatever you want to say. but he doesnt need to breed as he is definately inferior.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:52 PM
Fork Horn

ME, MYSELF, I HUNT ON PUBLIC LAND SO I WOULD SHOOT IT FOR SHORE,
Old 09-30-2005, 01:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Lab - if you've never killed a buck with your bow, I'd shoot him. If you're an experienced hunter, and expect to see something nicer, I'd wait. Also, if it's your ground, and you don't care about trophy racks, just shoot whatever you want. Nothing to be ashamed of. Personally, I think that deer would make a scrumptious hamburger, fajitaor sloppy-jo, but if it were me, I'd pass on him, and let the air out of a bigger one.

As noted earlier, if that deer is 1.5, his rack is likely underdeveloped because he was a late-dropped fawn (1-2 months younger than his peers).
Old 09-30-2005, 01:50 PM
Dominant Buck

He's boney.... let him go. Not enough on him worth eating. He's not a young deer...but not real old either. I'd say he's been sick or injured in someway during the summer and is on the mend. He's too ugly to shoot.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

for me i would let him go. he probably wouldnt win the right to breed too many does anyway against a normal buck. if you see him next year you will know it and then i say its shooting time
Old 09-30-2005, 03:54 PM

I'd takem I missed one almost identical to him last night

Quick Reply: Kill this spike or not?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.