Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowhunting from Ground Blind!!!! >

Bowhunting from Ground Blind!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting from Ground Blind!!!!

Old 09-29-2005, 06:07 AM

Default Bowhunting from Ground Blind!!!!

This weekend will be my first time doing this! I went into my spot two weeks ago and setup my blind. Cut shooting lanes,etc. Anyone have any advice on bowhunting from a blind? I'm stoked about it for sure!!
Old 09-29-2005, 06:29 AM

Default RE: Bowhunting from Ground Blind!!!!

i recently purchased me a popup blind. looking forward to seeing whatanswers you get back. Good luck!
Old 09-29-2005, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Definitely cover it up with brush and leaves and all that good stuff. Wear black if you can, regular camo is good, but black is best. It's a lot of fun, but can be somewhat high maintenance. Don't leave your blind in the woods. It will not make it through the year, I guarantee it.

Break it down after every hunt and take care of it. It will last a while that way. Deer can come up on you quick. Clear out the ground so while looking from window to window you are not making any noise. Good luck!

Old 09-29-2005, 07:13 PM

you can also play the cover that is available in the woods or area you plan to hunt.

anything can hide you if you figure a way to blend in good enough tofool the deer. things likea group of trees,fallen tree, sapling thicket, thick brush, short hight tree line thicket in a saddle,boulders or rock piles and even old buildings around farm land.

the idea is to learn the deer movement then set up to huntthem as they show a predicted pattern.
how you chose to do that is the best part of the hunt.
ya might as well make it fun so, be as creative as you want to be.

PT
Old 09-29-2005, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Keep your rear windows closed as much as possible. As long as your front windows have camo mesh and your back windows are closed, its almost impossible to get busted. If your back window are open they can see through the blind and most of your moment is easily see!

Good Luck!