Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Best Ground Blind for Bowhunting >

Best Ground Blind for Bowhunting

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Best Ground Blind for Bowhunting

Old 09-02-2007, 03:59 PM

Default Best Ground Blind for Bowhunting

We check out all of the differnt blinds at our local hunting store today. We like the "Ameristep Choice" the best. No velcro, all blind windows use magnet attachment. The all seemed to be user friendly in adjustment. The wanted $379.00 just like Cabela's. Walmart sport and fitness online wants $299.00. Anyone used this blind or have one that you think is alot better for bowhunting?

Thanks in Advance Jeff & Kim
Old 09-03-2007, 06:54 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Best Ground Blind for Bowhunting

Have you checked out the Escape Deluxe by Big Game?

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_62728_400008008_400000000_400008000_400-8-8
Old 09-03-2007, 11:38 AM
Typical Buck

check out the double bull blinds too..look on ebay for a used one. more than likely u will have to brush the blind real good..so it may not matter so muchabout top quality. if ur blind is going to be sitting in the middle of a huge field...u need a quality blind like a double bull
Old 09-03-2007, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunted out of a escape deluxe by big game last year. Its my buddies blind and I tell you what, for the money its awsome. I bought an ameristep dominator this year and love it, cant wait to get it out in the woods. Im not a big fan of the choice blind because its all mesh. To me one of the biggest advantages of hunting a ground blind is that it contains most of your odor and being all mesh, that blind isnt going to do that. I also like the fact that when its raining I can go hunt my blind and not get soaked, good luck doing that with an all mesh blind.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:30 PM

hands down spend the money and get you a matrix 360 by double bull
Old 09-04-2007, 12:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have to agree with the GroundMax blinds. I have one that I used several times last year and loved it. Super easy to set up. Easily room for 2 and a great price.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:14 AM
Fork Horn

Can't go wrong with a Doublebull 360 matrix
Old 09-04-2007, 09:27 AM

Do any of you use mechanical broadheads with the shoot thrugh netting on the blinds? The reason the "Choice" seemed better was the ability to just move the netting out of the way. I was afraid if we shoot though the netting the broadhead might deploy. The matrix 360 does seem really nice butI was afraid about the broadheads. First year using the Rage broadhead.In years past we always used Thunderhead or Muzzy 100 and the netting would not of been a problem.Let me know your opinion

ThanksJeff & Kim
Old 09-04-2007, 11:21 AM

No I dont and I dont believe your supposed to use mechanicals because when it hits the mesh it will open the blades. Not to mention how much it will shred your netting.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Typical Buck

The escape deluxe is a very good blind for the money. Just too afraid to spend what they want for a double bull afraid I will be tired at the end of a long day and leave in over night to come back to it being someone elses free blind.

Quick Reply: Best Ground Blind for Bowhunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.