Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Summit Viper XLS >

Summit Viper XLS

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Summit Viper XLS

Old 10-03-2002, 04:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Summit Viper XLS

In my not so humble opinion Summit stands in general are the finest tree stands on the market. They are light, stable, comfortable and SAFE. They are also the most "user friendly" stands I have ever used. IF you don't get the Summit now, you will later. I promise you that you will be completely satisfied with any of the Summit stands.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 10-03-2002, 06:32 AM

I have the Viper XLS and I also turkey hunt so I have a 20 pocket camo turkey vest that I drap around the front bar and zip strip it so that gives me tons of storage space and also offers a little more concealment for my legs. Its my first year with the viper and like it so far.

If you are what you eat them I am fast cheap and easy.
Old 10-03-2002, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I picked up a Viper this season, and am very impressed. The Viper (and yes, it is the XLS model with the bar and foam seat) are now $214 at NSS, but Dick's honored their online sale price therefore I picked mine up the same day. I've used mine about a dozen times, and won't hesitate in stating that it's the most comfortable and easiest to use stand I could find.

If the stand is in good condition, it's well worth $150. If it's beat up, go to NSS and consider a new one for $214--that's less than $70 more for a new stand.

I believe NSS also has the bushmaster or cobra for ~$175, so if you don't want the front bar spend the extra $25 and go new.

The only complaint I have is I find it to rattle while transporting through the woods. I've emailed Summit about the problem, and I'm still waiting for a reply 48 hours later. In the world of e-business, that's leaning towards the "bad"...but I've also heard that once they respond, Summit is a leader in customer service.

S&R

Old 10-03-2002, 08:49 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-03-2002, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went to the website that slice mentions. I was looking for a summit when I went there, but they were sold out of all the models I wanted. I DID get an Ol' Man vision for 169.86 postage paid. The prices they have were truly great--my stand was shipped Monday and I got it yesterday!