Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Carbon Terminators >

Carbon Terminators

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Carbon Terminators

Old 09-27-2005, 07:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default Carbon Terminators

I went to get some new arrows a couple weeks ago and the guy at the shop told me to get these Carbon Terminator Select Shaft(6075) arrows. He said they will get better penatration with my spitfires than the 5575 goldtips give me. What do yall think? I mean they fly great but do you think i should of stayed with my goldtips?
Old 09-27-2005, 07:49 PM

Default RE: Carbon Terminators

I wouldnt shoot anything then my Gold Tips.As far as I am concerned they are the best arrow on the market today.I highly doubt that they would give you more penitration.They are probably slower so where would the increased penetration be??????????????
Old 09-27-2005, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

A lot of ppl including myself use carbon express terminators. They are great!
Old 09-27-2005, 08:01 PM
Fork Horn

The guy said they got more penatration because of their weight. But i'm a 15 year old kid and he's a 40 year old expert. Plus the terminators were cheaper.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:06 PM

I shoot the same arrow and I have had 1 problem with penetration. But that's cause I shot the shoulder. I wouldn't worry about it if it is in the kill zone.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:09 PM
Typical Buck

I started shooting the Terminators this year and I like them a lot.
Yes, they are probably heavier than the Goldtips but they would
work fine too. He is thinking you will get more kinetic energy with
the heavier arrow.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:11 PM

Cheaper? Doesnt something usually cheaper mean it is of less quality.I understand you are a young man and need advice and you came to the right place.We all will have different opinions and you will have to just read them and decide for yourself.I am sure you will do ok with the cheaper arrows.So go with what ever you can afford and good luck.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot both and prefer the terminator selects. They are heavier. And in my experience, a heavier, slower arrow carrying the same amount of energy is easier to tune with broadheads than a faster one.

However, both are incredibly durable and a good choice for whitetial hunting.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Terminator Selects kick butt on Gold Tip Hunters for quality. They are straighter, more consistent in weight and spine, and more durable than Gold Tips Hunters. Only the Hunter XT's come close to matching the Selects for quality, and even they don't quite cut it.

The Terminators are quite a bit heavier so you'll lose a few fps of speed, but I agree with your dealer. You'll likely see better penetration with them.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Terminator Selects are awesome. I've killed quite a few deer with them now with fixed and mechanical heads and I've actually never found 3 arrows yet after double lung shots, so penetration is not an issue.

Quick Reply: Carbon Terminators

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.