Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Illinois checks in deer via phone >

Illinois checks in deer via phone

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Illinois checks in deer via phone

Old 09-25-2005, 11:46 AM
Typical Buck

Default Illinois checks in deer via phone

Illinois is eliminating check in stations this year. Now we check in via phone...

I'm going to dig this idea. Lot less to think about when figuring out what to do after the recovery. Call from the field, call from home... whatever. I like it!
Old 09-25-2005, 11:51 AM

Default RE: Illinois checks in deer via phone

You can also check them in online also.I like this idea also.Wonder if they will be sending out the pins to us or if we will have to buy them?
Old 09-25-2005, 11:58 AM
Typical Buck

hahahahahaha!!

When I called to tell my hunting buddy a few minute ago his first reaction was, "What about the pins?" []

I've never gotten a deer, so I've never gotten a pin... but y'all sure are attached to them
Old 09-25-2005, 12:03 PM
Typical Buck

It was a bad idea that they will regret I'm sure. Think of how many deer will be killed with a firearm and checked as an archery permit. Noone there to verify the hole size and noone there to check for CWD or any diseases. I dislike this system and personally don't think it will make it easier.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:06 PM

You can apply for the pins online and they will be sent to you free of charge for the first one, after that they are $5 per pin![:@]

I don't like this idea for a couple of reasons, one there will be a lot of people that will check in their bucks as does, and so on. I think it was a bad call on the governor's part to budget the IDNR. This will give all those poachers easy ways to not even check in their deer. I mean come on, there are much better ways of doing this. IDNR numbers for herds and harvest size and everything might be a little off. Many people can butcher and cape and process the meat themselves, it does not take that long for those people that do, they don't need to call in their deer, the only thing you need the conformation # for is for processing and taxidermy.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:10 PM
Typical Buck

Holy crap.... those are both good points. Never thought of it. I considered poachers briefly but then remembered that it's not all that hard to NOT check in your deer, even with check stations. But the rest I had not considered... Well, when the numbers are WAY off from last year, I suppose they'll regret it, huH?
Old 09-25-2005, 12:15 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: -DeerSlayer-

It was a bad idea that they will regret I'm sure. Think of how many deer will be killed with a firearm and checked as an archery permit. Noone there to verify the hole size and noone there to check for CWD or any diseases. I dislike this system and personally don't think it will make it easier.
Ditto!
Old 09-25-2005, 12:17 PM

I heard the pin is going to cost $6.00. I think thatsB. S.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

VA went to the phone in method last year too. You can still check them in at a station, and have to in order to qualify for big buck contests and records. GA just has you punch the date on your game license and don't even check them in. Usually a sign of abundant deer.

Could someone post a pic of these pins you speak of?
Old 09-26-2005, 08:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

I believe there was talk of this in PA as well. Not only phone reporting but internet reporting as well.

Quick Reply: Illinois checks in deer via phone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.