Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Remember too!!

Old 09-25-2005, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Remember too!!

mr4pt, Great pics of your children, my 9yr old son and I were shooting our bows together and are getting ready for Pa's opening season..( of course he will be just observing and notshooting ) but you depicted my post perfectly thank you!!
Old 09-26-2005, 07:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Took my 7 year old out Saturday afternoon for a hunt. He enjoys it.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:01 AM

I got married 3 yrs ago, and my wife already had two boys. They had never really shot before so we started with .22's and worked up slowly. I am proud to say our 9 yr old and my wife got their first deer last year, and the year before our 13 yr old (he was 11 at the time) got his first gobbler and first deer. I made them all take a doe first (being a w. biologist I know proper management), but now I have them all looking for a buck this year. Looks like dad will take a back seat again this year, but thats what it is all about. Honestly though, my 9 yr old gets so excited, and loves it so much, his doe last year meant more to me than any buck I've ever killed. And my 13 yr olds gobbler was a great hunt also. I didn't take a deer at all last year, and may not take one this year. Doesn't matter. I have taken plenty of animals in my life and will take many more, God willing. My priorities right now are bringing along 3 new hunters.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:56 AM
Fork Horn

critr-gitr your last two sentences says it all,we all enjoy the sport for ourselves but there is nothing like watching the pure enjoyment of your son or daughter express the passion for hunting as you do yourself..Keep up the good work..
Old 09-26-2005, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Teach only the right way when they are with you.......you can do your usual when your by your lonesome.....you know what mean
Old 09-26-2005, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Agree.......

Don't those smiling faces say it all! Great post and Great pics!
Old 09-26-2005, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been taking my son with me small game hunting for three years now. This will be his 4th yearand I think that I'm going to try and let him shoota squirrel this year. We are already making plans for the Oct. 8 opener.