Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

clicking noise

Old 09-21-2005, 07:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default clicking noise

I had a new string and cable put on a few weeks back and have been getting a clicking noise from the cam when its get about half drawn. I thought maybe it would go away after it got broke in but it doesn't seem to be. If I half draw it a time or two it won't do it but after a shot it continues to do it. I thought it might be the cable when it rolled over the cam but I really can't tell. Anybody familiar with this? Thanks.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:34 PM

Default RE: clicking noise

I had a problem with my Hoyt clicking because there was some dirtin thespace betweenthe outside of my limbs andwhere the cables attach. Try some oil.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:19 PM
Typical Buck

I tried some already but it didn't seem to help. Think I might try it again. Thanks.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:37 AM

You may have a flat spot on the pin that holds the cam in place.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Gonzodemon may be onto something. However, I would think that if it was a flat spot on the axle then you would have noticed it at some point prior to the string/cable change. Is it possible that the string or cables is jumping off the track a bit when you are drawing back? Is anything rubbing up against the limb.....lose setscrew, etc?
Old 09-22-2005, 06:29 AM
Dominant Buck

If it were me I would get the bow into a press and really check it out. You may have aworn bushing or worse yet a cracked limb. If you have ever had a bow break under draw then you know it isn't real nice. Better safe than sorry.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Check the "new strings", might be that they are crossed over each other wrong and they are rubbing on each other during hte draw. I had this problem with a PSE Mach-8 after putting new cables on it, changed to a cable slide that kept the cables apart a bit more and everything was fine.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's possible that one of your limb rockers has a dry spot and needs lubed with grease. This often sounds like it's coming from the cams. The sound kinda travels right up through the limb.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:41 AM
Spike

I HAD A MARTIN FIRECAT THAT WAS SET AT 95LBS AND HAD A CLICKING NOISE JUST LIKE YOU ARE SAYING. I BROUGHT IT TO THE PRO SHOP TO BE LOOKED AT AND ON THE SECOND TIME DRAWING, THE BOW EXPLODED DESTROYING THE BOW AND SENDING ME FOR ALOT OF STITCHES ON MY ARM,HAND AND NECK. BE CAREFUL!!! NEVER DID FIND THE NOISE JUST BOUGHT A NEW BOW.[:@]
Old 09-22-2005, 05:35 PM
Typical Buck

Well, I oiled the cam shaft and it seems to have gotten rid of the noise. Now you guys got me sceered to pull my bow back.

Quick Reply: clicking noise

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.