Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Need help selecting tree stand >

Need help selecting tree stand

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need help selecting tree stand

Old 09-22-2005, 06:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Need help selecting tree stand

Don't buy a lock on for public hunting. Buy a climber. Maybe a lock on if you use climbing sticks but I've never used them. You'll get frustrated trying to screw in steps and unscrewing steps. If you leave it behind, it's a good chance that's the last time you'll ever see it again.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

What aboutbuddy ladder stand 500lb capacity and plenty o room
Chain it down.... I mean and good..heavy ass chain.. not no weak link stuff. No muss, no fuss, no carry in, no noise..As long as you dont get ript off ....its da way ta go....After youve done good scouting for best stand placement

Cabellas 15ft 2 man $180 includes shooting rail
Cabellas big honcho 15 ft $260 flip up benchseat
Cabellas pine ridge 15 ft $80 one man probably best deal

Check around..DICKS..Gander Mtn..Have em.. all brands on sale

I just dont see a 300lb man sitting on a lil ass pad all day and comfortable..the hanging stand isjust not made for a big guy..more of the "one size doesnt fit all" FACT!!

you be comfortable and 15 ft up..feeling safe and able to move some and stretch..easy ladder to go up and down.. you dont have to be a gymnast or contortionists..big man..Im 305...buttnaked..Ive tried those lil man stands.....no good for me.. And you said its your first time up...this will make you calmer, safe and secure....youll be ready to hunt without fear.

You can dress your ladder up with natural branches tied to the sides..making it just as stealth as a climber. Camo cloth around side rails of the sitting area...get creative...youll thank me

Id also tip off the park ranger that theres talk of poachers now that this virgin area is open...that will hopefully get patrols in and around the park to deter theives..your stand wont be up too long any way.. will it?..How longs the hunt for ..a week? What? You can always doubleback and check it.. just to have peace of mind

All the guyz here mean well but..theyre not big like us so they dont know our comfort zones..Good Luck and remember "the reply from the big guy"
Old 09-25-2005, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just bought a lone wolf hang on and am amazed with it. I understand why they cost so much more than all of the others. The features on it are great. Plus it is rock solid yet really light.