Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Spitfire Disappointment >

Spitfire Disappointment

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Spitfire Disappointment

Old 09-21-2005, 10:31 AM

Default RE: Spitfire Disappointment

I started out with thunderhead 100's and switched to the spitfires. I love 'em. They fly like field points, cut massive holes, and Ive never had one not open. The only problem I have with them is one shot and they are usally no good anymore and at $10.00 a pop that hurts the bread fund. I know they have replacable blades but you just about have to have an engineering degree to change them.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:45 AM

No info on Spitfire's but try Rocket Steelhead 100's. I'll never switch to anything else.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:44 PM
jca

spitfires work great for me..a complete passthrough isn't all that important as long as you hit both lungs..too many people rely on a passthrough rather than hitting the vitals..the bigger the hole the the better..think about this: if an arrow with a 1 in. cutting diameter has a complete passthrough and sticks in the ground buried to the fletching,you've wasted all of that energy to make a 1 in. hole in the ground..if you shoot a mechanical with a2 in. cutting diameter and it hits the vitals but doesn't get a passthrough, then you've used that energy to push a 2 in. hole through 90 % of the animal..sorry, but i'll take the bigger entrance hole!!
Old 09-21-2005, 08:24 PM

I have Spitfires but I use my Muzzy's. If it aint broke don't fix it. I do have several friends who swear by the Spitfires.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Big John - nice pic! I got one like that myself, but heart was not so pretty when I pulled it out, it was kinda jello-like.

I've only shot a half-dozen deer w/ the Spitfire 100 gr. mechanicals since I started using them a few years back, and all but one have penetrated well - complete passthroughs. The one that didn't was my fault, I cracked the deer in the shoulder.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:18 AM

WOW I love my Spitfires. I have taken numerous deer,Pigs,Javalina and geese. All had gapping entrance holes and expit holes that allowed alot of blood to ecsape from. I know initially I was skeptical about the mechanicle but they have proven them tim and time again for me and others I hunt with.

good luck to everyone this season.