Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Deer hunting near Richardson TX. Will trade for great BlackBear hunt. >

Deer hunting near Richardson TX. Will trade for great BlackBear hunt.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer hunting near Richardson TX. Will trade for great BlackBear hunt.

Old 09-18-2005, 08:51 AM
Fork Horn

Default Deer hunting near Richardson TX. Will trade for great BlackBear hunt.

When does the Texas archery and gun seasons start for deer and is there any good deer hunting near Richardson, Texas? I would trade someone for a great blackbear hunt in Ontario.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Deer hunting near Richardson TX. Will trade for great BlackBear hunt.

There isn't really any deer hunting around Richardson. You have to go West, South, or North for the good hunting. Good Luck though.
Old 09-18-2005, 01:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Deer hunting near Richardson TX. Will trade for great BlackBear hunt.

Not true. Not true. You can bow hunt at Lake Ray Robert WMA, Lake Tawakoni WMA and Lake Cooper WMA are all within decent driving disance for bow hunting. All within 1 hour of Richardson give or take for Dallas traffic.
Old 09-18-2005, 01:26 PM
Fork Horn

Hows the hunting near Ray Roberts?
Old 09-18-2005, 01:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

I do my spring turkey hunts in Gainsville Tx. , about an hour north of Richardson. The owner of that land allows day hunts for $50. This is for does only. there are some pretty stiff trophy fees. If you are interested PM me and I'll get you the contact info. By the way Richardson is a suburb of Dallas right in the heart of the metroplex. You sure won't find a deer anywhere close. As far as the WMAs go, if they are driving distance to Dallas they are high pressure from my limited experience.
Old 09-18-2005, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well yes an hour drive is possible, but nothing in the immediate area. 2 hours would put you in some prime places.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:01 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for all the information. I'll look up that Ray Roberts place and see when the seasons start.
I've been voluntold to do a job inRichardson, Texas and unfortunately it seems like it'll be during my favorite time of year here.This really sucks and absolutely nothing against Texas, I'm sure it's anawesome place to hunt but it's not my back yard.Besides living formy family, I live to hunt.
Maybe I can rent a place halfway between Ray Roberts and Richardson and at least bowhunt on the saturdays. I'll have to check your laws on non residents buying a bow down there.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

No problem with buying a bow. Archery season starts Oct.1st, however on some of the WMA land it can be a later date. I work in the metroplex, (greater Dallas\Ft. Worth area.), and may be able to put something together. My lease is in Prairieville, about 1.25 hrs. east of Dallas. I don't know if the landowner will allow a guest or not but we can try. No swap would be required. If that doesn't work I know I could take you to Gainsville for a $50. doe hunt. Also, if your pockets have better liners than mine you can take a buck there. Trophy fees start at $500. I'll be happy to fill doe tags. Check www.tpwd.state.tx.us for nonresident licenses and for info on WMAs. If there is anything else I can do to help just let me know. Hope to hunt with you soon.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:38 PM

Txrookie......it's so nice to see a fellow hunter extend a hand to another hunter he doesn't even know.......Kudos to you
Old 09-18-2005, 08:38 PM
Fork Horn

Looks like I won't be doing any hunting in Texas. I just came from the Texas state game regulations site and a non-resident hunting license is $300.00. Well it was a nice thought. On the other hand, maybe I'll do some fishing.That license is only $55.00. Still a lot but I guess I'll have to quench my hunting with fishing this year. Thanks TxRookie for the info, that was awful kind of you. If you ever come up this way, just let me know and I'll tell you where you can find the Black Bears and how to get them.

Quick Reply: Deer hunting near Richardson TX. Will trade for great BlackBear hunt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.