Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Success.... he's DEAD!!!!  MD scores. >

Success.... he's DEAD!!!! MD scores.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Success.... he's DEAD!!!! MD scores.

Old 09-16-2005, 09:01 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Success.... he's DEAD!!!! MD scores.

If you've been reading the threads for the past couple days you know I met up with Mdbowhunter(RICK) to help him put in a stand. I found a sure fire place about a week ago and just hadn't gotten around to hanging a stand. I took him out and helped him hang a stand there yesterday in preparation for a hunt this AM. We parted at the path junction and went our separate ways in the dark. I climbed into my tree after the usual hassle and sweating in this dang heat. I called Rick on the radio and said I was set. I stuffed the radio in my pocket and herd a crunch. Some deer was going directly under me in the grey gloom. He high stepped it with tail high and left. IT wasn't very big, about like a big dog.[&:]

Some where in the AM I managed to change the channel on my radio. I called Rick a couple times around 8 but got no response. I got down at the appointed time and went out. His truck was gone. I shed my climbing vest and was reaching for the cell phone to run him down when he pulled up. YUP, the rascal had whacked a buck about 6:50. As Tom Miranda would say, he came down the "GARDEN PATH" and ran into one of Ricks broadheads. He made a classic double lung shot that exited catching the shoulder muscle right up against the bone. He already had the bugger gutted and loaded when he got to me. We brought it to my houseand boned it out so he would survive the trip back to New Jersey.

I know ya'll want a picture. WEll, we had a little difficulty there. We didn't want to take a picture of him laying in a truck. We were two old farts who were too lazy to unload and then load him again. So anyway, I took a picture of Rick to record the killing. We were doing QDM this AM. We said it had to have 3 points on a side, it had that at least on both sides. We said it had to have a spread.... well .... it had a spread and now it's dead.

Here's your picture...
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

>>>

>
>
Old 09-16-2005, 09:13 AM

Default RE: Success.... he's DEAD!!!! MD scores.

congrats hes a brutei didnt know their selling camo for deer now
Old 09-16-2005, 09:19 AM
Dominant Buck

Well, he's not exactly a brute but he was a nice deer. Ya'll congradulate Rick/ a.k.a Mdbowhunter, on a great shot. No "I wounded one" this time. He drilled him dead center where you want it. He said he hardly bled at all. Just filled up. All that junk under the shoulder just didn't let the blood out. But anyhow.... CONGRATS RICK!!! How to show these young whipper snappers to do it.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrates Rick. glad to see someone is going hunting
Old 09-16-2005, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on a successful hunt. Nice to see folks having some early season success in this warm weather.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:31 AM

CONGRATULATIONS GUYS ON YOUR EARLY CATCH
Old 09-16-2005, 12:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

It was warm to say the least. Just standing by the truck with camo on this morning in the dark made us wonder what the hell are we doing. Anyway it payed off. The rascal only bled a drop here and a drop there but I heard him crash and was able to see the direction he took of so I tried to shorcut it and walk up to him, wasn't going to be that easy. Went back to the shot site and tracked it drop by drop. Many proablly would have given up the search if they hadn't heard him crash cause I had to get on all foursmany timesto find blood. Anyway David, many thanks for the pre scout and don't forget to get the orange ribbons marking the blood trail out of there. Won't be able to go again till sometime in Oct as I am moving the end of the month and next weekend is yard sale #2 to get rid of all the last minute things we needed up till the end then the following weekend is the move.. Wait a minute, I'm retired now, I can go anytime. Weather has to cool first though. Great hunt David.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Rick! I'm really glad for ya. I went yesterday here and never saw a thing in this dang heat. I skipped it this morning too, but am getting ready to head out now..
Old 09-16-2005, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats!!
Old 09-16-2005, 01:03 PM
Dominant Buck

Great Hunt????? To heck you say. All I got was sweaty and bug bitten. Then on top of that I got blood all over my garage floor. Got a skinning knife to clean and sharpen. The camo is in the washer.... AGAIN. You left me Christmas decorations in the woods to pull out. What's so GREAT about it???[8D][8D][8D]

Glad to see you made it home in one piece. There's no need to wait too long to come back. There's a couple more in the woods with your name on them.

Quick Reply: Success.... he's DEAD!!!! MD scores.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.