Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Slick Tricks on the Way, Stingers on the way OUT! >

Slick Tricks on the Way, Stingers on the way OUT!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Slick Tricks on the Way, Stingers on the way OUT!

Old 09-15-2005, 10:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Slick Tricks on the Way, Stingers on the way OUT!

Well, I got the bug. The "I need something new" bug. Fortunately I hadn't given into this yet until today. Last night I was shootin the Stinger 4-blade heads that I liked so much, when I noticed that a couple of the heads started drifting left while the rest were perfect. I inspected everything to find out that the main blade had been bent very very slightly on both. These were brand new out of the package heads that I shot maybe 5 times into a Morrel Yellow Jacket target. So i tossed those two and sold the rest of my stingers today. Of course that was only half of it... I really really wanted to try the Slick Tricks with all the good things I've been hearing about them. So.... I'm done buying stuff for a while, I'll let ya know my thoughts on the ST's. Thanks for listening to be ramble.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:53 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Slick Tricks on the Way, Stingers on the way OUT!

Very happy w/ the way my Slick Tricks are flying. This will be my first season using them as well...can't wait to see how they "work"!
Old 09-16-2005, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been fortunate usingthe Slick Trick broadheads and harvesting some animals with them. I've been using them now for two years (only) but can sincerely say thatI'm very impressed with these broadheads.
This year I've teamed the Slick Trick 100up with the Blazer vanes & the GT Ultralight Pro 400 working together with the BowTech 27" Allegiance set @ 57#--quite a combination.
The Steelheads are also good heads, (expandable)but have had damages after the shot--so too with the HyperShock another good head--but did show some damage after the shot. The Slick Trick has failed as yet, and I hope it doesn't either.
If all goes well in a few days and I get the chance on a moose, I'll certainly return with a report.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Glad to hear it. I was just shooting the Slick Tricks last night and was really impressed with how accurately they flew.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Slick Tricks do seem to be a great head. I am amazed at how well they fly. So far I have taken 2 doe with the same Slick Trick(changed blades)and both were complete pass throughs with no damage whatsoever to the head or blades. My only wish is that they were a tad bit sharper from the factory.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:04 AM

slick tricks are the way to go
Old 09-16-2005, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would like to add a commentto my previousreply concerning the sharpness of the Slick Tricks. I just pulled out a pack of my Thunderhead bladesand proceeded to shave the hair off my hand. I then took a Slick Trick blade and to my suprise it shaved too,although not quite as smoothly.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:21 AM

Yeah, those are good heads. I just can't give up my Stingers though.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:46 AM

I like to try new things.............broadheads are the perfect thing for me to toy with something new each year. Thankfully I got the best of both worlds this year by using a new head and still using the Stingers. The Stinger Buzzcuts I got this year fly flawlessly and are AMAZINGLY sharp........I have shot each head about 50 times into my Yellow Jacket target and they are still sharp enough to hunt with.........I have no idea how they held an edge so long. I will still be replacing the blades but I have little doubt that all I would need to do is run my accusharp over these a couple times and they would be surgical again.

I don't like the looks of the slick tricks and I REALLY don't like hearing they are less then razor sharp but lots and lots of people seem to like them.

I am starting to think that it is much harder to find a bad broadhead then a good one these days.