Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Slick Tricks?

Old 08-31-2007, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Slick Tricks?

Have any of you guys tried these? I've heard they perform well on hogs (good exit wounds & nice blood trails). I'm interested in any negative experiences, if any.

Old 08-31-2007, 09:19 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Slick Tricks?

Love them. I shot nine deer last year with out any issues except for one which was my fault. Anyone I know that shoots them loves them!
Old 08-31-2007, 10:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have em and absolutely LOVE EM!!!!!

Even though im shootin steel force i have a slick trick in my quiver!
Old 09-01-2007, 03:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

The first time I tried them in the woods the deer dropped within sight after running about 40 yds. Looked like I used a slug .
Old 09-02-2007, 05:36 AM

The hype about these things shooting like fieldpoints is true. I decided to try some this season, and so I tested them yesterday. I made 0 adjustments to my bow. They weredeadon with my field points.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:40 AM
Spike

I am using them for the first time this year. I look forward to seeing them in action.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:03 PM

I must say that I NEVER beleived the "feild point flight" b.s. untill I bought a pack of em. They fly just like my feild tips! I got em to use this year so I am excited to see how they perform.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Typical Buck

I love my Slick Tricks. I was skeptical unitl I started shooting them recently.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:58 PM
Fork Horn

I think their flight is totally overrated and do not fly like a fieldpoint. I wish they did because they are well made but they don't. I have been shooting a lot this year and know where my field points are hitting so screwed a few STs on, spin tested the arrows and shot them a couple days ago. Arrow 1 was always high / right, 2 was always left, and arrow 3 right on.

I took arrows 1 and 2, ran then through a G5ASD and re-tested with the same results. Threw on a Jak-Hammer on arrows 1 and 2 and hit my 1" orange dots at 41 yards withconsecutive shots. The STs were off by up to 8" at that range.

I got 2 deer with STs last year but I am switching to something less fickle. I still may have one or two STs in my quiver this year (if I can get them to fly decent) but I am sick of having to number all of my arrowsand understand exactly where they are hitting.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Johnny u sound like you know what youre doing but did you try trning the nock on your arrows?? I always have to do this but afterwards, all arrows hittin spot on!

Quick Reply: Slick Tricks?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.