Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 overspined under spined,,totaly confused >

overspined under spined,,totaly confused

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

overspined under spined,,totaly confused

Old 09-10-2005, 08:23 AM

Default overspined under spined,,totaly confused

okay i have a pse silverhawk that is some where between 60-65#draw wiehgt,,im shooting 31" 2315 with a 30 inch draw length bow,,question is are these arrow over/under/correctly spined,,i look on the easton sizing chart in cabela's and it said (i think) that they were either right or under spined cant remeber which,, also ive heard some say that it is better to shoot an arrow that is over spined than under spined,,any idea on that?? Also i have some easton a/c/c that i plan on using next year,that were givin to me by uncle last year,,i hunting with a couple of them last year,, they are 3/39 at 29" would these have enough spine for my bow,,by the way the 2315 have 100grn. point,,,,,the easton last year had 85grn.point but i will put the half out serts in them and shoot 100grn. heads next year,,any help would be appreciated

one more question,,hopfully next year i will have the money to invest in a new bow,,as i am left eye dominate i thought about going to a left hand bow,,specifically the pse firestorm lite,,(unless pse comes out with better bow),,should i make the switch to a left hand bow or stick with right hand since i learned on it and shoot with it very well,,also i was talking to kid at school today that siad i should switch to a left hand helical on my arrows if i do make the switch to a left hand bow,,said a buddy of his did this and he can practly robin hood arrows every time(dont quite belive that part but would it be better than right hand fletch,,i dont think i will with a drop away but i dont know much and would really appreciate as much help as i can get,,,,thank a million
Old 09-10-2005, 12:49 PM

Default RE: overspined under spined,,totaly confused

The 2315's should be spined ok.... The best way to tell is to bareshaft or broadhead tune them.

I believe the 3-39's will be underspined
Old 09-10-2005, 04:53 PM

Default RE: overspined under spined,,totaly confused

any one else have an idea