Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

UNBELIEVABLE!

Old 09-09-2005, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: UNBELIEVABLE!

What will they think of next.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Dampland

ORIGINAL: turtleshell

Definitely don't like it but as I'm sure it sounds like a gun I don't think a poacher would have any advantage using it in any season. A poacher is gonna do his thing no matter if season's in or not. Why would a poacher care if he/she is using legal equipment for the season when the activity they're performing is illegal anyway? I think its an interesting idea just not for hunting IMO

A poacher will use this weapon to kill a deer, then register it as a "BOW" kill.

I agree, the only use I see for this weapon is to illegally take game. At least its illegal in my state to the best of my knowledge.
YES here in Pa small game season is open during bow.Not unusal to here gun shots. A poaching weapon
Old 09-09-2005, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Theres no way thats a legal way to harvest deer during archery season. Its cheating, its not traditional, somewhat unethical IMO forarchery season, and it benefits poachers.

I see nothing wrong with anyone using it for gun season though being as the projectile is being fired by black powder and or a firearm cartridge.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

that's one of the biggest crocks of crap i've ever seen. people say crossbows are unethical, but jeese look at that. there is no way that any state would legalize that i would hope. what is hunting coming to when people want to usea rifle, which is shooting an arrow, for BOWHUNTING!!! what will people think up next. actually i don't really want to know. it may just make me sick. [:'(]
Old 09-09-2005, 01:57 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

If you go to their website, there's a photo gallery. If you peruse the photos, you'll quickly see that there's one particular worthless bum who has his picture taken with about 5 monstrous bucks.

Something tells me that the AIRROW system hasn't quite been around long enough for that guy to be "legal," unless he's hunting 5 different states with his poaching gun.

Somebody should figure out who he is and call the game commission.
quicksilver,

I could not find the website link but I was thinking the same thing.

Is it legal in ANY state to use a weapon like this?? Is the seller saying that all of the deer taken in the pics were from this type of weapon or does he just want us to assume that?

I would think there would be loads of trouble for him if this is not a legal weapon and he is saying he killed allthose deer with it.

Interesting......
Old 09-09-2005, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not hard to do. We shoot arrows from a 410 double barrel. Same concept.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:35 PM

Can't be legal,safe or pratical. I think it's poachers trying to supplement their income.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:39 PM

thats pathetic. why shoot deers during bow season with a gun? the whole fun of bowhuntin is getting them with a bow. anybody can shoot a deer with a gun
Old 09-09-2005, 09:25 PM

THIS FRANKEINSTEIN REALLY SUCKS![][:'(][:@]

[/align]
Old 09-09-2005, 09:44 PM
Site Bouncer

anybody can shoot a deer with a gun
Not to get off track but that's not necessarily true, try hunting whitetail with a revolver. Your shots are about the same distance. If you haveever practiced with a .45long colt or .44mag or even the .454 you will find out your killing range will be under 50 yards. (about the same as a compound bow)

Not that those listed rounds won't kill out to 75yd and beyond, they will. But it's not that easy to put your shots in the kill zone at those distances with a 5 1/2in barrled pistol with iron sights, and unless you have something to rest thatpistol on, you willprobably be more accurate with the bow than an offhand shot with a six shooter.

So you must play the wind the same way and if you have a deer at say 35yds and nothing to restyour pistolon, I would rather have a bow in my hands than a six shooter because the bow would be an easier shot.

Give it a try sometime if the laws in your state allow it.......you will be very much surprised at just how difficult it is.